Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

modern languages at hull

who is doing two modern languages at hull uni with translation? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Two modern languages (French and German) with translation studies :smile: What languages did you choose?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
french and spanish :smile: with translation studies too
Reply 3
Original post by ddd34
french and spanish :smile: with translation studies too

Well I guess I'll see you around :biggrin: It's weird that nobody else replied.I would really like to meet my future classmates :smile: So what about accommodation?Where are you going to stay ?
Reply 4
Original post by Lory
Well I guess I'll see you around :biggrin: It's weird that nobody else replied.I would really like to meet my future classmates :smile: So what about accommodation?Where are you going to stay ?

nicholson hall at the lawns, you?
Reply 5
Original post by ddd34
nicholson hall at the lawns, you?

Student Houses - 66 Auckland Avenue and I can't wait to meet my future house mates. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Lory
Student Houses - 66 Auckland Avenue and I can't wait to meet my future house mates. :smile:

me too :smile:
Reply 7
I'm going to do Russian as my free elective. I know it doesn't count cos I'm not on the course full time, but thought I'd say hi!
(:
X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Original post by Holly-Robyn
I'm going to do Russian as my free elective. I know it doesn't count cos I'm not on the course full time, but thought I'd say hi!
(:
X

Oh that's nice :smile: Did you take any Russian classes or is this the first time ?
As my free elective I chose Chinese but I'm pretty sure that it won't be easy. I'm a lil bit worried about my pronunciation skills :smile:) I can't imagine myself speaking Chinese fluently. And I know that the Russian accent is also a bit odd (at least from my point of view).
But who knows . I think it will be fun :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Lory
Oh that's nice :smile: Did you take any Russian classes or is this the first time ?
As my free elective I chose Chinese but I'm pretty sure that it won't be easy. I'm a lil bit worried about my pronunciation skills :smile:) I can't imagine myself speaking Chinese fluently. And I know that the Russian accent is also a bit odd (at least from my point of view).
But who knows . I think it will be fun :biggrin:

Chinese?! Woahhh, good luck! That's gonna be tricky. Some people just have the brains for languages though, it's a great talent (sadly not me haha!)
I did Russian at school but only years 7-9, I absolutely loved it but really didn't get on with my tutor so didn't take it to GCSE, which I always regretted. I really love the language!
What made you choose Hull? In buzzing to just get there!
X

Reply 10
(:
X

im doing russian as free elective too!! :smile:
Original post by ddd34
im doing russian as free elective too!! :smile:

No way?!!
Have you ever done it before?
It's such a beautiful alphabet to write, I love it! Never thought I'd get chance to do it again, I feel so lucky to have another shot haha. What other subject are you taking? X

Reply 12
No way?!!
Have you ever done it before?
It's such a beautiful alphabet to write, I love it! Never thought I'd get chance to do it again, I feel so lucky to have another shot haha. What other subject are you taking? X

i have familly in Russia and i only know the basics :smile: so im planning to improve it in free elective. in the full course im doing french and spanish with translation :smile:.
Original post by ddd34
i have familly in Russia and i only know the basics :smile: so im planning to improve it in free elective. in the full course im doing french and spanish with translation :smile:.

Awesome! I did it for a couple of years in secondary school so barely remember any of it, except the basics!
You can help me with the course then :wink: haha x

Reply 14
Awesome! I did it for a couple of years in secondary school so barely remember any of it, except the basics!
You can help me with the course then :wink: haha x

im not that good thought, im rubbish at writing :s
Reply 15
Chinese?! Woahhh, good luck! That's gonna be tricky. Some people just have the brains for languages though, it's a great talent (sadly not me haha!)
I did Russian at school but only years 7-9, I absolutely loved it but really didn't get on with my tutor so didn't take it to GCSE, which I always regretted. I really love the language!
What made you choose Hull? In buzzing to just get there!
X

Well what can I say.I've always been very passionate about foreign languages and it may be a great talent as u said, but it takes a lot of hard work so I'm gonna need a lot of good luck too :smile:)
And I'm sure that you're very talented at what you do. Btw what will u be studying apart from Russian?:smile:
Well, my bff and I always wanted to go to a university in UK and after a lot of research we've decided that Hull is the best option.I was very happy with the modern language course and she also found the course she wanted (law and criminology) so... here we are :smile:
What about you? What made you choose Hull ? X
I'm doing French and German, but not with translation studies. I also want to do a Free Elective in Japanese, hope it's not too much work though :smile:
I'm thinking of doing Italian as my Free Elective as I'm doing Music and I'm a singer so tend to sing a lot of Italian stuff - it might be helpful to actually understand what I'm singing!
Reply 18
Im doing french :smile: i originally applied to do french with business, but ive sort of changed my mind and am hoping to learn another language whilst still doing french!
Reply 19
Original post by Helen Mutter
I'm doing French and German, but not with translation studies. I also want to do a Free Elective in Japanese, hope it's not too much work though :smile:

It's a free elective so I think it will be ok :smile: What about French and German.. both advanced?

Quick Reply

Latest