The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Maths at Nottingham?

Hey, im hoping to study maths at uni, anyone know what the timetables are like for maths students at nottingham? How many hours of lectures per week and how many seminars? And how many students would you typically have in your seminars? Also how good would you say the quality of teaching is?.. Any help much appreciated :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I dont study maths, but I have close friends studying maths and my girlfriend studies it too.

from what I know, she gets wednesdays off completely, and other days arent too bad.
The thing about maths is there will be some people who never turn up to the lectures or whatever but are still able to teach themsevles what they need to know whilst being at home.

Oh and you get regular coursework, but the thing is if you make a lot of friends then when a piece of coursework is asked for, 1 person usually works it out and then passes the answers around all of their friends.

enjoy uni! :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by viewtifuldp
I dont study maths, but I have close friends studying maths and my girlfriend studies it too.

from what I know, she gets wednesdays off completely, and other days arent too bad.
The thing about maths is there will be some people who never turn up to the lectures or whatever but are still able to teach themsevles what they need to know whilst being at home.

Oh and you get regular coursework, but the thing is if you make a lot of friends then when a piece of coursework is asked for, 1 person usually works it out and then passes the answers around all of their friends.

enjoy uni! :smile:

Thankyou, hopefully i'll make a lot of clever friends then hahaa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending