Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PS3 Won't connect to new TV? (I've tried the holding power down)

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a new TV today and my PS3 won't connect to it using my HDMI cable that I've always used. I tried connecting it back into my TV I was using before and now that won't connect. So I did a video reset my holding in the power button but still won't go on. Can't seem to find my AV cables either.

I've tried it on several TV's now and after connecting to the new TV it won't work on any television?

Any ideas? thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could be your GPU (graphical processing unit) but given that you have a new TV I would say the HDMI cable has broken at some point...try to find your AV cables so you can rule out an issue with the TV/PS3 then you will know you have an issue with the HDMI
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoominglyFree)
    Could be your GPU (graphical processing unit) but given that you have a new TV I would say the HDMI cable has broken at some point...try to find your AV cables so you can rule out an issue with the TV/PS3 then you will know you have an issue with the HDMI
    I was thinking it would be something to do with the HDMI cable, thanks for your answer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ha not a problem...I had the same issue a few months ago... it is possible to fix them if your handy with tech..

http://www.ehow.com/video_8441166_re...connector.html
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it a Samsung TV? Is it Full HD or HD Ready (i.e. can the TV do 1080p?)?

I have this problem with my parents' TV. It's a 720p Samsung. If the PS3 was set to 1080p the TV can't display it. But when you do the reset by holding the power button down, it doesn't correctly detect the TV's capabilities, so it stays at 1080p which the TV can't use. I had to plug it into a different TV, reset it on that, and then move it back to the Samsung.

It may be a completely different problem, but it seems to be the same symptoms.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoominglyFree)
    Ha not a problem...I had the same issue a few months ago... it is possible to fix them if your handy with tech..

http://www.ehow.com/video_8441166_re...connector.html
    Thanks ill look at that!

(Original post by Psyk)
    Is it a Samsung TV? Is it Full HD or HD Ready (i.e. can the TV do 1080p?)?

I have this problem with my parents' TV. It's a 720p Samsung. If the PS3 was set to 1080p the TV can't display it. But when you do the reset by holding the power button down, it doesn't correctly detect the TV's capabilities, so it stays at 1080p which the TV can't use. I had to plug it into a different TV, reset it on that, and then move it back to the Samsung.

It may be a completely different problem, but it seems to be the same symptoms.
    I used to have a 22" Toshiba hd ready tv that played on 720p. I now have a Bush Full HD 1080p 40" TV that I have just got.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 3, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.