The Student Room Group

Is there such thing as a second opinion on a grade?

My biotch of a teacher gave me a pass in my btec when I know for a fact and numerous other people have said it's too low, it should be a merit.

Is there such thing as a second opinion?
You could bring the issue up with the person above the tutor(course director... Etc) but who has said the grade is too low? Other students or someone of relative stature?

Unfortuantly in my experience (BTEC national IT) the tutors grade is final. can you not resubmit work?
1+1 = 2... NO

"The walls were black" - Refering to the fact she's stuck in a vicious circle and can't move forward, hence the wall, and the black signifying her other half recent death..... YES

I'm sure you guys get the gist
Reply 3
Original post by lokalokaloka
My biotch of a teacher gave me a pass in my btec when I know for a fact and numerous other people have said it's too low, it should be a merit.

Is there such thing as a second opinion?

Your school is required to have a system for BTEC appeals - get hold of it and follow it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
If it's an official grade she's given you, the examing board or whatever it's called call upon the school to send off a minimum of 8 students results from that class.. The board check that the teachers are grading the work correctly. Even if your work isn't asked for if they see any wrong marking with the students work tehy are given they will remark everyones anyway :smile:

Quick Reply