Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Non harmful smoke?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really want to smoke a pipe but I don't want the side effects of tobacco - is there any way I can smoke a pipe without being harmed? Perhaps an alternative to put in?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go ahead. It's your health at risk.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hear rectal insertion avoids this problem
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    All smoke, no matter what the source put's you at risk of cardiovascular disease hence in part why Firefighters have a lower life expectancy. Pipe smoking is also particularly more harmful than regular cigarette smoke. Smoking a pipe or a cigar is an enjoyable experience and if you limit it to very special occasions it shouldn't have a massive effect on your health.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombat10)
    I really want to smoke a pipe but I don't want the side effects of tobacco - is there any way I can smoke a pipe without being harmed? Perhaps an alternative to put in?
    Is this you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	153482
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Is this you?

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	153482

Name:	ig0013111.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	153484

this is me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you want to do it to look old fashioned but don't actually want to damage your health? ;s

you could just take up being abusive to women instead
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.partridge)
    you want to do it to look old fashioned but don't actually want to damage your health? ;s

you could just take up being abusive to women instead
    i lold
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    X
    Well played.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a few things on the market, but none of them taste or smell like tobacco: http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onli...placements.cfm

As already mentioned you are only reducing the potential of getting cancer, not the potential for heart problems, which, believe it or not, kill about twice as many smokers as cancer does.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    weed, smoke itself is not harmful it is the crap they put in tabbacco that makes it harmful

weed does not cause cancer, it does not do jack **** health-wise

in fact to die of weed you'd have to smoke 8000 joints one after the other in a closed room and even then you'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning

its only downsides are depending where you live can be fairly difficult to obtain, rather expensive and last but not least its illegal
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    smoke itself is not harmful it is the crap they put in tabbacco that makes it harmful
    That simply isn't true, ignore all the government misinformation surrounding cigarettes, the smoke is about twice as dangerous compared to the carcinogenic effects of tobacco. The problem is cancer is a bigger deterrent, so they run with that.

When was the last time you saw a health warning on a bag of charcoal? I bet you people who have open fires in their home or do an excessive amount of barbecuing are more likely to die of heart disease than your average smoker.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bubble pipe!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The safest way to smoke any substance is with a vaporiser. Also don't get those tobacco alternatives they aren't good.

Reading your post it seems like you want to smoke a pipe for the hell of it...

Health wise a pipe is safer than a rolled cigarette of your preferred herb as the pipe will cool the smoke slightly making the effects easier on your lungs and throat.

I have an arizer solo vaporiser and a hand blown pipe. The pipe being twice as expensive as the vaporiser even thought the vaporiser gets the most use the pipe is a piece of art.

Don't get plastic smoking equipment as often cheap plastic is used and this will also add to the health damages.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pipes & cigars aren't as bad as cigarettes because you don't get addicted to them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself peace. I think your after one of these:

Name:	bubbles-bottle-people-bottles_3211781.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	153677
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Pipes & cigars aren't as bad as cigarettes because you don't get addicted to them.
    Where is the sense in that statement...if you smoke tobacco in pipe you will still get addicted to it. The pipe does not stop harmful chemicals from getting in your body.

Cigars are pure rolled leaves. They still contain nicotine which is highly addictive.

Pipe tobacco does have less chemicals in it but it still contans nicotine which is found naturally in the tobacco plant.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shrug)
    Where is the sense in that statement...if you smoke tobacco in pipe you will still get addicted to it. The pipe does not stop harmful chemicals from getting in your body.

Cigars are pure rolled leaves. They still contain nicotine which is highly addictive.

Pipe tobacco does have less chemicals in it but it still contans nicotine which is found naturally in the tobacco plant.
    Cigars and pipes are less addictive because the smoke isn't inhaled like the smoke in cigarettes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All smoke inhaled is harmful. Even weed. Weed doesn't have the chemical crap that tobacco has in it, but the effect of smoke is still harmful. Even 100% natural incense has harmful smoke. there are toxins and tiny particles in all smoke that are bad for lungs.

pipe is better than cigarette for mouth cancer.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    smoke is smoke its going to harm you either way and if you replace the tobacco in the pipe then youve entirely defeated the point of smoking a pipe anyway and may aswell go buy one of those novalty bubble ones for all the good itll do. besides with pipes youre not meant to inhale the smoke anyway [not that its much less dangerous] but you wont be so likely to get lung cancer :rolleyes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.