Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever get light headed......?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If your getting kidney pains it may be because you are not drinking enough. Make sure you do or you might get kidney stones (Not nice!) Check with your GP
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WellOiledProf)
    If your getting kidney pains it may be because you are not drinking enough. Make sure you do or you might get kidney stones (Not nice!) Check with your GP
    Yeah I have started to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice? I will get it checked out eventually...thanks!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If i get out of a too-hot bath, it's horrible!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get light headed all the time but it's nothing to do with iron levels (I eat a lot of red meat and vegetables and had it checked when I tried giving blood) so for me I think it's more to do with how much I actually eat; when I'm at work I work strange hours and end up missing dinner so don't have anything to eat from 12 until 9/10pm which isn't great if you're on your feet for hours without a break.

If it's persistent, speak to a doctor who can clarify whether or not its an iron deficiency or something else. Don't be fainting on people!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WellOiledProf)
    I drink about 3 litres of water a day, more than recommended amount so not sure its that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is very likely that because you don't eat much in the mornings and just carrying on throughout the day, you are using up your energy too soon. The feeling you get is called Hypoglycemia. (Low blood sugar), this happens because theres an inadequate supply of glucose to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). The getting up quickly is called the vasovagal episode or vasovagal response or vasovagal attack. Vasovagal syncope occurs in response to a trigger, with a corresponding malfunction in the parts of the nervous system that regulate heart rate and blood pressure. When heart rate slows, blood pressure drops, and the resulting lack of blood to the brain causes fainting

I also get it occasionally, usually because I work in the Art studio. Throughout the day I'm exposed to all sorts of chemicals and I've noticed if I don't eat anything and work in there for a few hours, I will feel really light headed, dizzy and even get a wave of nausea. I have actually came home being sick once because I was in the studio all day. So now ever since, i have to eat and drink something and get some fresh air.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If its low blood sugar then you probably do need to eat more slow energy release foods. Porridge in the morning is good, a bit bland but you can always have it with money or fruit.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Correction... honey. Erm don't eat MONEY
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases of this. Low blood pressure is partly to blame in my case, but last summer I was getting light-headed and dizzy really frequently and it was all down to my diet - namely being deficient in iron. In your situation, it doesn't sound as if poor nutrition is the cause, but you could still be low in iron regardless. Low blood sugar is another possibility.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 11, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.