Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you interested in 3D gaming?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D technology is the scourge of the movie and gaming industries. Until the day someone creates glasses free 3D that doesn't require me to keep my head in a single position or risk inducing headaches, I won't go near it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straggler)
    I'm hoping 3D gaming dies a horrible death rather selfishly because I cannot look at a 3D image, whether on the screen at the cinema or sans-glasses on the 3DS without getting headaches and/or blurred vision - especially with the latter.

I'm already disappointed to be missing out on a new Super Mario, and now potentially a new Zelda. I love Nintendo games, and I've my fingers crossed that 3D won't be a feature of the Wii U.

How do you feel about 3D?
    Can't you just turn 3D off on the 3DS?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping 3D gaming dies a horrible death rather selfishly because I cannot look at a 3D image, whether on the screen at the cinema or sans-glasses on the 3DS without getting headaches and/or blurred vision - especially with the latter.

I'm already disappointed to be missing out on a new Super Mario, and now potentially a new Zelda. I love Nintendo games, and I've my fingers crossed that 3D won't be a feature of the Wii U.

The Wii-U will certainly support 3D - it's whether games will which will be the things to see. Because Xbox 360s and PS3s can already play 3D games just fine if you have a 3D TV.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I honestly couldn't care less about 3D in any of its forms. It's underwhelming and just a silly gimmick that gives artists excuses for putting out crap.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D is crap, so no.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I can barely tell the difference watching a film, unless it's one where things jump out at you (which unfortunately the film industry thinks makes a film gimmicky).
    I also have to remove the glasses every few minutes which is annoying, the tech industry should focus on making the image as sharp as possible in 2D, or create a more user friendly 3D experience
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D gaming seems rather dissapointing, I have not seen many games that are truely dedicated to it tbh, mostly the games are essentially older titles being recycled with the addition of 3D.

As a side note, I used to love nintendo, but IMHO the way they try to force users to buy a new hand held machine just seems like exploitation, given that nintendo are more or less relying on the fans of Mario and Zelda because they have no new ideas...
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fifa in 3D :coma:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah, having worked as a cinema projectionist 3D is 100% gimmick and I hope it dies soon
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pffft, Gamers nowadays..

Its all about the 8bit/16bit era of gaming, forget 3d or 1080p. Still till this day, my GBA, NES and SNES still works wonders, had so much fun with those consoles :"(

If Nintendo brought back these golden days, i will burn a massive hole in my current account. and Never pay back my debt :L
    *brb playing crash b*
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:

3D even in the movies is quite poor.............plus it takes an awful lot of effort.
    Until they make a proper full 3D game without the glasses then sure it will be fun..........but I doubt it and they are gonna do things partially 3D -_-
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish the 3D gimmick was ditched. I really hate it. It makes me wish we kept Auschwitz open just for whichever bureaucratic nonces insist on 3D in every stupid film to make it sell rather than make the effort and improve the quality of its story and acting so it is actually a memorable film rather than something churned out like some ****ty Call of Duty game.

Seriously, the consumers who prop up 3D are idiots (including me). We're so sad and pathetic we keep going and going back for some stupid, overpriced gimmick. The worst bit is when some cinemas charge you for glasses every time and ask you to give them back so they can throw them away. I know they don't reuse them because why bother repackage them? Disgusting money laundering fascists.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't have 3D vision, so no. No I'm not.

I hope it makes a swift exit and takes 3D films with it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3D is a gimmick, what's worse is that I can see developers focusing less on the gameplay quality so that they make the 3D look as good as possible, similar to how many games focus far too much on graphics this generation, and forget to make the actual game fun to play.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Songs of Praise in 3D HD :sexface:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Well, I don't have 3D vision, so no. No I'm not.

I hope it makes a swift exit and takes 3D films with it.
    So you can only see in 2D?!

Anyways I seem to be in a minority but I actually love the idea of 3D gaming. 3D looks so much better on an actual 3D tv than in the cinema too, just a shame the only thing we had to watch in 3D was a short documentary about fish...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't like 3D gaming, I think you should have a controller always for consoles, which is why I don't like Kinect
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a 3DS which at first hurt my head a little but I'm now completely used to! I don't keep movin out of that "sweet" 3D spot anymore and I find it really fun!

Will chose 2D over 3D at films if available, though.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF1903)
    I don't like 3D gaming, I think you should have a controller always for consoles, which is why I don't like Kinect
    That's a different matter entirely :p: This is about 3D visuals (whether with the 3DS, PC/console gaming with a 3D monitor/TV and those 'new' 3D glasses or PC/console gaming with a standard monitor/TV and the ancient red/green-filter 3D glasses that have been around for decades)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.