Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

3 Months Transformation Log

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: Achievable?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trying to get my first blog up and running and was wondering if anyone else wanted to do it with me. If anyone can help me in anyway with tips and stuff will be much appreciated. Overall goal try to get 6 pack and loose as much weight as I can.

I am 23, 5'5 and weigh 12 stone 12 (Gah I know). So I found an exercise routine online which is a 16 week training method. Its 3x a week for 16 weeks, Mon/Wed/Fri. Primarily for abs work out but some of the transformation pics are awesome. ( http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/abs.html ) Going to be doing 5x a week cardio work in the gym aswell Mon-Fri after my resistance abs work out to help with fat loss. My favourite is running so 3 minutes warm up, 1 minute high intensity, 1 minute moderate and back to high intensity, 3-4x before warming down again.

Seeing as the gym I have signed up to (Puregym) has classes going to be going to them aswell 5x a week on the same days as my cardio work out. Going to Pure TRX, Pure Abs & Pure combat.

My diet will just consist of 2500ish calories a day. Eating pure boiled veggies, grilled chicken with some spices, boiled potatos and boiled eggs. 10 glasses of water a day cutting out all drinks, sweets and bad foods.

Setting myself 3 months from monday 4/06/2012 due to taking before pics which I will post after the 3 months. Hoping to see plenty of results. So if anyone else wants to join in and help each other out with tips & motivation, just post.

Was also wondering if anyone has done anything similar or lost quite a bit of weight in similar time?

Thanks for reading.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    If all you're gonna eat for the next 3 months is boiled vegetables, grilled spiced chicken, boiled potatoes, and boiled eggs.....you are gonna get seriously sick of what you're eating! (Unless, for some strange reason, you really like monotonous foods).

I've spent the last week eating monotonous meals (though less monotonous than yours) and I'm sick of it - and that's just after a WEEK!

Might I suggest you vary your diet a little more than that, otherwise you're going to pack it in by 4 days time, I guarantee it!

Also, you plan on cutting out ALL treats altogether? Commendable, sure. Achievable? Not without feeling horribly deprived. Well certainly I would feel horribly deprived. And feeling horribly deprived is a sure fire way of losing motivation. There's nothing wrong with a small treat now and again if you work it into your calorie limit.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    If all you're gonna eat for the next 3 months is boiled vegetables, grilled spiced chicken, boiled potatoes, and boiled eggs.....you are gonna get seriously sick of what you're eating! (Unless, for some strange reason, you really like monotonous foods).

I've spent the last week eating monotonous meals (though less monotonous than yours) and I'm sick of it - and that's just after a WEEK!

Might I suggest you vary your diet a little more than that, otherwise you're going to pack it in by 4 days time, I guarantee it!

Also, you plan on cutting out ALL treats altogether? Commendable, sure. Achievable? Not without feeling horribly deprived. Well certainly I would feel horribly deprived. And feeling horribly deprived is a sure fire way of losing motivation. There's nothing wrong with a small treat now and again if you work it into your calorie limit.
    I cut out all treats for the first three months of this year, and ate pretty much the same stuff as OP. It gets easier after a while, then harder again (hence why I stopped).
    I think it's just about possible for a person with average willpower to do this for three months, but it's not much of a life plan, I agree.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    I cut out all treats for the first three months of this year, and ate pretty much the same stuff as OP. It gets easier after a while, then harder again (hence why I stopped).
    I think it's just about possible for a person with average willpower to do this for three months, but it's not much of a life plan, I agree.
    Well granted, if I gritted my teeth and tried to force my brain into numbness for 3 months I guess I could just about manage it, but as you say it's not much of a life plan.

Surely working out a calorie controlled diet that isn't quite so bland, and does allow some treats (worked into the calorie allowance), is a better way to live? That's something that could be a life-long way of eating, rather than an excruciating 3 months rigid diet.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Surely working out a calorie controlled diet that isn't quite so bland, and does allow some treats (worked into the calorie allowance), is a better way to live? That's something that could be a life-long way of eating, rather than an excruciating 3 months rigid diet.
    That could definitely be argued - I tried to stay objective in my post by simply giving my experiences with such a dietary plan, without giving any input as to whether it should be done just because it's possible or not.
    It's up to the individual to make the subjective decisions such as whether the rigid diet is what they want or not.
    Personally I slowly added new things into my diet whilst keeping my daily intake very clean and tailored to my goals; for me the 'cold-turkey' omission of all treats made it a lot easier to settle into an extremely healthy lifestyle, but the results will definitely vary from person to person.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    That could definitely be argued - I tried to stay objective in my post by simply giving my experiences with such a dietary plan, without giving any input as to whether it should be done just because it's possible or not.
    It's up to the individual to make the subjective decisions such as whether the rigid diet is what they want or not.
    Personally I slowly added new things into my diet whilst keeping my daily intake very clean and tailored to my goals; for me the 'cold-turkey' omission of all treats made it a lot easier to settle into an extremely healthy lifestyle, but the results will definitely vary from person to person.
    I agree it's up to the individual, I'm just adding perspective. If the OP wants to go cold turkey with it, fine I suppose, but it's much harder to sustain - I wanted him to be aware of that, that's all.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all the comments. The deadline is definately 3 months so trying to get better results thus trying to go on a strict diet and putting in a lot of cardio classes alongside the diet. The diet is not ideal for long term but I need to get to a lower size and more defined for motivation before I put in less care with some of the foods I eat. I already have had too many snacks etc so can go without them for over 3 months, if I do eat a snack it will be a one off here or there not enough to merit attention on my diet.

Thank you for taking time to post.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.