Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you pay per month at the gym(s) you use?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: How much do you pay per month at the gym(s) you use?
    University gym: £0 - £4.99 per month
    3.06%
    Univeristy gym: £5.00 - £9.99 per month
    1.02%
    University gym: £10.00 - £14.99 per month
    4.08%
    University gym: £15.00 - £19.99 per month
    5.10%
    University gym: £20.00 - £24.99 per month
    3.06%
    University gym: £25.00 - £29.99 per month
    2.04%
    University gym: £30.00 or more per month
    0%
    Commercial gym: £9.99 or less per month
    1.02%
    Commercial gym: £10.00 - £14.99 per month
    5.10%
    Commercial gym: £15.00 - £19.99 per month
    12.24%
    Commercial gym: £20.00 - £24.99 per month
    17.35%
    Commercial gym: £25.00 - £29.99 per month
    9.18%
    Commercial gym: £30.00 - £34.99 per month
    7.14%
    Commercial gym: £35.00 - £39.99 per month
    2.04%
    Commercial gym: £40 or more per month
    16.33%
    I don't go to a gym
    15.31%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i dont think there have been any polls like this recently. i wanted to get a feel of how much people pay per month. feel free to comment on what equipment you have and anything else you want to say about your gym!

i have added a poll to this, split between university gyms and commercial gyms (i know university gyms are mainly cheaper). please choose the options which apply to you (because i know that some people might use university gyms during term time and commercial gyms during holiday time).

note: please work out the monthly rate if you dont pay monthly. eg. if you pay £240 for a year, you pay £20 per month
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My gym is free, because the company my dad works for provides us with these luxury's =P I love this place XP
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In Manchester I paid abut £17.50 per month but you could get some for about £15 others ie Virgin Gym were about £40
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    £49.95
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I pay £16.99/month at PureGym. It doesn't necessarily have all the bells and whistles, but has everything you'd need for a decent workout.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to pay £40/month which was the student rate. I cancelled my membership when I realised I was being well and truly ripped off
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    added the poll (took a while to make!). please answer the option(s) which apply to you.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    £29 commercial. Anytime student membership. Use it 4/5 days a week. Well equipped/situated. Works for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    43 a month
    Use it anywhere from 5 to 8 times a week
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I paid £100 for the year at my uni gym. Will be something like £22/month when I graduate. It's as good a gym as you can ask for. My work also has a gym which is £15 joining fee then £2 a session. It's a bit rubbish for weights but it's fine for a wee bit cardio or circuits
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really happy with mine. I pay £27.95 a month, which is the student rate, and includes gym, swimming and classes. I've got everything I need, and more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £33 a month for mine, has a Gym, two swimming pools and a health suite (sauna jacuzzi and steam rooms)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm forced to go to David Lloyds as it's the only gym close to me with a squat rack, so I pay around £46/month. But then again, it's facilities as much better than other gyms with a lot more equipment and space compared to a £20/month gym.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uni gym is £150 for the year, for the 3 months I'm back I've found my local leisure centre are doing a student deal where you get 3 months unlimited for £99.Everywhere's expensive round my home town though, I used to pay £70 per month for David Lloyd.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £30 for my gym which includes all classes and swimming so I think it's a fairly good deal as the other ones in the town seem to be about £27 and none of them have a pool.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pure Gym ~ £17.99 per month

Fantastic gym that has everything you need! Highly recommended!

Over 220 pieces of equipment, open 24/7, over 40 free classes per week, sun beds.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't for the sake of humanity understand how some people manage to pay over 50 pounds a month for gym?

I mean, how special could those gyms possibly be?

As far as I'm concerned, one could definitely get the same result by going to a gym that offers 15-20 pounds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to the gym but my friend works at the local golf and country club so gets to use all the facilities free! :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't afford gym and university closed theirs for reconstruction in the end, I cycle to become fit
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I quite like fitness first and virgin active very luxurious:love:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.