Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

female- chest presses- increase bust size? and other problem

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been going to the gym but ive also been doing work outs at home. I have quite broad shoulders naturally, but ive noticed theyve really started bulking up.

I want to get muscly up top anyway (not body builder obvs, though im a girl so that wont happen anywa, but i do want to get as muscly up top as possible) but im worried im going to look really manly with my broad shoulders?

Another thing is, my breasts have already gone up a cup size!
    Is this normal because ive heard mixed reviews. Some people say pushing weights decreases your breasts because you burn the fat, but others are telling me you increase size because of building the muscle under them? Which is it?

I dont know if ive gone up a size because of this or mere coincidence!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not much increases your breast size apart from plastic surgery and gaining body fat. Maybe you've been eating more to compensate for the extra exercise? Not that that's a bad thing, if you want to also be putting on muscle.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice-Baby)
    Some people say pushing weights decreases your breasts because you burn the fat, but others are telling me you increase size because of building the muscle under them? Which is it?
    Both but which depends on how you eat.

Though I'd guess increase from muscle gain underneath would be fairly limited where as fat loose could be pretty significant depending on how much there was to start with.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Training chest won't increase your breast size at all. Your breast is fat and excersizing chest will develop your pecs. You can't train fat.

Also, whoever told you training chest will directly decrease your breast size is talking ****.

You cannot lose weight from a particular body part by muscle training, it's a common belief but it's wrong.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so why have my breasts randomly increased? its not like its puberty! im 22!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont know but you've just inspired me to do them, im quite flat chested and want them to be bigger. Then again some say they cause breasts to reduce in size so its a gamble...hm what to do..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Could be more to do with them being 'perkier' so to speak because you're building muscle underneath perhaps?:confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It won't increase or decrease general breast size. You're training your pectorals when doing chest excersizes.. not your breasts. Breast tissue is different to muscle tissue and is untrainable. Training your pecs will however change how your breasts look though.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    It just makes the muscle underneath the breasts bigger. It does not actually increase the amount of fatty tissue.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just read this, IMO Jamie Eason is a walking fitness perfection.

http://sickshape.com/jamie-easons-3-day-workout-plan/

Bench pressing won't increase your chest size but it will give it a different shape. What will decrease the size of your chest will be losing weight, that's the only thing that you gotta keep under control.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweded)
    Just read this, IMO Jamie Eason is a walking fitness perfection.

http://sickshape.com/jamie-easons-3-day-workout-plan/

Bench pressing won't increase your chest size but it will give it a different shape. What will decrease the size of your chest will be losing weight, that's the only thing that you gotta keep under control.
    Repped for this! I'm doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit routine for the second time now (only cycling Phase 2 and 3 though) and I look ten times better now and feel so much fitter!
    I definitely recommend any Jamie Eason routine she's got a great body!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.