The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think they get paid in Waterstones vouchers. Could be wrong though.
not enough would be my guess. Afterall they are striking at the moment

Well I saw them advising a job at a middle upper university at £30,000. Dunno about top but if it was around £200,000 a year in recognition of your outstanding contribution to sociey, I am sure it would do.
ryan342
I think they get paid in Waterstones vouchers. Could be wrong though.

um sorry. What is Waterstones vouchers?
Reply 4
Well, according to Wikipedia, Waterstones is the largest retail bookseller in the United Kingdom... :rolleyes:
they giving book vouchers as paycheck?
Reply 6
Sarcasm dear boy... Jeez.
Reply 7
Deathscythe HG
they giving book vouchers as paycheck?

I think it was a joke. :smile:
Reply 8
The part time lecturers at Leeds Met haven't been paid since before Christmas :eek:

There was a huge amount of long term sickness leave, so most of the part timers started doing extra hours; the uni claims this has invalidated their contracts, (they specify "part time" but not what amount of hours this actually entails) and as such, until they have new contracts drafted, the "part timers" wont be paid!! And the drafting of the contracts has still not been done!! :eek:
[ above information from the horse's mouth, ie, a bitter part time lecturer ]

So the salary of part time lecturers at Leeds Met at present is a big fat zero! :rolleyes:
just check out law school websites looking for new staff, usually says. Or, if your sad enough, check out the times ED.
Reply 10
At a good university around £40,000. It's not much considering the level of studying they have done.

Latest

Trending

Trending