Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to deal with parents that think you are sexually active, when you are a virgin?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    What am I meant to do with parents that for some reason think I am some kind of slut, when I've actually never had sex, and am not interested in men.
    My mother asked me this morning whether I was pregnant or not.
    I was pretty offended.
    I've always done everything they ask of me, I never go out in the weekends, unless to volunteer, and I always come straight home from college. So I don't get where they'd get this irrational belief from.
    My dad even asked me if i was messing about. That actually mortified me. I've never given them a reason to think that I am sexually active. So why do they think it.
    It really annoys me, because I'm actually pretty much a geek/nerd. I'm very much socially inept, and I don't have many/ any friends, so I don't understand who I am meant to have sex with?
    They think that I'm really popular? I have no friends. When I try to tell them this, they say what about that girl across the street... *she said hi to me because it was polite. They just confuse me.

Also, If i ever mention a boy from class, then they go on this rant that I'm actually in love with them. What the fudge monkey?

(I put this in advice for everyday, because- I'm not sure if it would fit into sexual health? Or any other place.. But please move if I'm wrong, sorry!)
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you fat? Do you menstruate regularly?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Are you fat? Do you menstruate regularly?
    No I'm not, but how am I meant to get pregnant when I don't go out?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inadequatedreams)
    Hey,
    What am I meant to do with parents that for some reason think I am some kind of slut, when I've actually never had sex, and am not interested in men.
    I was pretty offended.
    I've always done everything they ask of me, I never go out in the weekends, unless to volunteer, and I always come straight home from college. So I don't get where they'd get this irrational belief from.
    My dad even asked me if i was messing about. That actually mortified me. I've never given them a reason to think that I am sexually active. So why do they think it.
    It really annoys me, because I'm actually pretty much a geek/nerd. I'm very much socially inept, and I don't have many/ any friends, so I don't understand who I am meant to have sex with?
    They think that I'm really popular? I have no friends. When I try to tell them this, they say what about that girl across the street... *she said hi to me because it was polite. They just confuse me.

Also, If i ever mention a boy from class, then they go on this rant that I'm actually in love with them. What the fudge monkey?

(I put this in advice for everyday, because- I'm not sure if it would fit into sexual health? Or any other place.. But please move if I'm wrong, sorry!)
    Your such a player .
    I have the opposite with my mum she thinks that i haven't even kissed a girl and that i'm a good boy .
    You could just ignore them, they are probably messing with you.
    Anyways what kind of parents ask if their child if he is pregnant??
    Ask your parents weird questions to counteract these types of questions or something. Like ask your mum if she can still have babies . That surely will get some heads rolling
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not, but how am I meant to get pregnant when I don't go out?
    And the second question?

You go out to volunteer and you go to college. From your parents point of view, they don't know exactly what you're doing there.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I can kind of sympathise with your situation -- though not to the same extent! :shock:

I just don't mention anyone of the opposite sex to them because they'll just immediately start getting false ideas.
    Sigh ... it's not good to have such suspicion around, and all it does is cause feelings of resentment.

I think in my case, my mum is a bit of a control freak.
    She thinks she has the right to invade and pretty much take over my character, and tell me what my opinion is ... which I find quite baffling really.
    Do you think it could be anything similar in your case?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    And the second question?

You go out to volunteer and you go to college. From your parents point of view, they don't know exactly what you're doing there.
    Lmao, what kind of parents think that their child is having sex at college/ at hospital.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    Lol, I can kind of sympathise with your situation -- though not to the same extent! :shock:

I just don't mention anyone of the opposite sex to them because they'll just immediately start getting false ideas.
    Sigh ... it's not good to have such suspicion around, and all it does is cause feelings of resentment.

I think in my case, my mum is a bit of a control freak.
    She thinks she has the right to invade and pretty much take over my character, and tell me what my opinion is ... which I find quite baffling really.
    Do you think it could be anything similar in your case?
    They are control freaks, but I do what they tell me to do anyway. T_T
    I guess that's all I can do, no longer mention anybody from college.

They try to tell you your own opinion lol, too much.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkyFudgeLover101)
    Lmao, what kind of parents think that their child is having sex at college/ at hospital.
    Plenty of people have sex in odd places.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, I do know someone (well, two people) who had sex in the music rooms in my old school ...
    But it's hardly reasonable to assume that any given person would do that!
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

Some people do have an 'outdoor' fetish :ninja:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    Come to think of it, I do know someone (well, two people) who had sex in the music rooms in my old school ...
    But it's hardly reasonable to assume that any given person would do that!
    No, it's not, but it does mean that OP does have opportunity for sex - it's not as if she never leaves her room and no one ever enters it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not, but it does mean that OP does have opportunity for sex - it's not as if she never leaves her room and no one ever enters it.
    I guess so.
    But it would be really sad if it were assumed that everyone was promiscuous, took drugs, was in to vandalism et c., just because they had the opportunity to do so

PS I know you from another thread on here recently, right?
    Must be the procrastination vibe!
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you siding with OP's irrational parents, or trying to give genuine reasons for why they would think such stupid things.

You saying that she leaves her room doesn't justify a reason to assume she's having sex. Plenty of people leave their room, and don't have sex.

I don't think she really has opportunities, unless she goes round and says to random people at college/hospital- "hey, do you want to have sex?", given that she apparently has no friends, and is a socially inept, I'm not sure they'd take her offer..

OP mentions that she goes to college, I'm sure there is CCTV at college, how would she not get caught? And hospitals too, tend to have CCTV. I think her parents just want to mess with her head.

*By saying that she has opportunities, due to the fact she goes to these 2 environments, paints OP as some kind of desperate person, which we can not assume, on said basis'.

Given that OP said she's a lesbian, why would she go round ****ing men? It doesn't make sense.
    OP, I suggest that you ignore your parents. Clearly, they are not serious.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You could call their bluff and try coming onto one of your parents???

^ Is that not normal?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkyFudgeLover101)
    One of my friends has done it in the storeroom for extra chairs/ tables/ where they keep the exam papers. So you can do it
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I misread the title as "How to deal with parents that you think are sexually attractive, when you are a virgin?"
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sellya)
    One of my friends has done it in the storeroom for extra chairs/ tables/ where they keep the exam papers. So you can do it
    Well, we can see what kind of friends you keep.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I was pretty offended.

Are your parents religious?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I was pretty offended.

Maybe they are just worried.

btw, is that a slow loris in your avatar?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.