The Student Room Group

Contact lenses

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shockley
Does anyone know if its possible to buy a single pair of contacts from a high street optician? I mean daily disposables?

Can't answer for all opticians but I know boots need to see a valid contact prescription anddd you need to be on the care scheme or you have to buy a full box.
I know everywhere will require a valid sight test and contact prescription though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by crocker710
Mine are £12 a month, they're continuous wear so that's just for one pair of contacts but you can keep them in overnight which is helpful

Thats pretty cheap. Where do you buy them from, if you dont mind me asking.
I buy monthly ones from my opticians for £11 a month. I buy them in pairs of 3's for 3 months costing £33..I usually use one pair of monthly contacts for more than one month though.
Reply 23
Original post by Soph.Jade
Can't answer for all opticians but I know boots need to see a valid contact prescription anddd you need to be on the care scheme or you have to buy a full box.
I know everywhere will require a valid sight test and contact prescription though.

Really? So you need a prescription to buy any contact lenses? I didnt know bwcause i have only bought contacts while abroad, you just tell them what prescription you need without any proof.
Original post by Shockley
Really? So you need a prescription to buy any contact lenses? I didnt know bwcause i have only bought contacts while abroad, you just tell them what prescription you need without any proof.

Some online websites don't require you to have a prescription, but if you go into an opticians you will need one. I have brought some from visiondirect.co.uk before now and they don't require a prescription but this was a year ago as I haven't brought contacts since my number changed so I'm not sure if you can still order without a prescription.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending