The Student Room Group

Dissapointing AS Exams

Hi everyone,
I'm very worried about my as exams i have just taken
Feel as though i haven't done my self justice what so ever

I think i'm gonna come out with an A 2 B's and a C.
What i was wondering is weather these as results will pretty much ruin my chances of getting into unis such as Durham/Warick/LSE etc.

I have good GCSE's and think i will be predicted good a2 grades but will these expected poor as results get me an instant rejection if i apply to these types of unis? :L

Thanks in advance
First of all, wait until you get your results.

From there you can look at what you can do to get the best predictions possible. To get the predictions I wanted, I had to do a lot of extra work within a few weeks to prove that I deserved to be predicted the grades, and it paid off.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get the AS grades you want, you still have time to turn it around.
Reply 2
Well you still have a chance, it depends on your personal statement really.. I was in the same position as you last year getting BBCD and I still applied to Imperial which I've firmed for next year. Just make sure your predictions are good and your personal statement is top notch.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by blade63
Thanks guys :smile:

Also just to let you know, getting ABB would be a great position to be in and would definitely give you a chance of getting the predictions for those unis! Stop worrying and enjoy your summer :smile:
btw there are always resits but that is assuming you get bad grades in the first place . hope everything goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending