The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE ICT B063, 13th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Catching22
Personally, I believe it be the teaching and the fact that it's really not that clear what we have to do esp. with the mark scheme in the coursework.

I was annoyed with the marking for the coursework, our teacher refused to give anyone full marks in any of the sections because he thought wed get marked down by the moderator if anyone got too high, so it became impossible to get more than about 50/60 raw mark wise
All of these didn't appear in the Jan 2012 paper and probably will come up:

Pros. and cons. of cloud computing.

Cutting edge tech. (Magic Mirror and gesture-based interactive store front displays)

Fashion blogs

Use of tech. to monitor changes to competitors' websites

Thanks a lot!:smile:
Reply 22
Hi guys,
I'm doing the ICT exam on frontline 18 and wonder does anyone have access to any past papers and the mark scheme to help me revise.
Thanks
Original post by outsider95
Im pretty much on the same marks as you then, i got 47 in unit 1 and 76 in unit 2, 75 in unit 4, so i need to get a lowish b to get an a overall i think. I think most people that are getting as and even some getting bs are really a* candidates, and the marking involved in the exams and coursework is just poor

I got 60/60UMS in unit 1, and 79/90UMS in unit 2.

I couldn't get more than an A in the coursework because our teacher didn't tell us to do one of the vital things =/

Apparently, the national grade for the B061 was an E though!
All of these didn't appear in the Jan 2012 paper and probably will come up:

Pros. and cons. of cloud computing.

Cutting edge tech. (Magic Mirror and gesture-based interactive store front displays)

Fashion blogs

Use of tech. to monitor changes to competitors' websites

I got 55 UMS in Unit 1 (low A*) and 69 UMS in Unit 2 (high B). Considering that there were people in my class that got Ds and Es in their courseworks and exams, I'm considering myself VERY lucky.

I did the same as you and went through the pre-release and checked off what came up in our mock :L

I also thought perhaps these may come up:

-LOB
-POS
-Hand held devices
-Digital divide (my ICT teacher is quite certain it will come up even though its already been done because apparently the examiners let on more than they should have) :L But have no idea what because a question on customers and digital divide has been done.
Reply 26
Hi Guys I got a D in Unit 1 resat it got an A got a medium B and scraped another B in coursework. Just want a B otherall Guys. Anyway Good Luck :biggrin:

Our teacher went to the OCR thingy meeting and he said the OCR paper maker guy kept going on about cloud computing (So Learn It)

PS: Can someone explain to me what a kiosk is and how it is worked, what its for ECT and a little bit about magic mirrors and RFID

PSS: Is NFC on the spec????
Original post by outsider95
I was annoyed with the marking for the coursework, our teacher refused to give anyone full marks in any of the sections because he thought wed get marked down by the moderator if anyone got too high, so it became impossible to get more than about 50/60 raw mark wise

Similar thing happened at our school.. according to my teacher once they marked the coursework they're not allowed to give it back and give you suggestions on how to improve. The other class' teacher did just this. No surprise, those in the other class got better marks.

My friend originally got 53/60 on their second piece of coursework, sat down with the teacher and started arguing the markscheme to gain more marks. The teacher was then going to give 60/60 BUT said "oh no, I will just give you 59 as otherwise it will be too suspicious".

My raw marks for the coursework is 35/60 and 51/60.. the second one was done a year after the first so not really surprising that I did much better.
In the 'ICT in Today's World' exam (Which I think is Unit 1) I got 60 marks out of 60 (100% - A*), and the next highest in my school was a B. I was like :colone:

But anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how I should answer the 8 mark questions for the FrontLine18 exam?

Good luck to everyone! :smile:

EDIT: Also, my teacher gave everyone a revision pack based on FrontLine18. It's from a company called 'ZigZag Education' but apparently my teacher told me that it cost him £60 to just buy one pack off the company (he photocopied the pack once bought).
(edited 11 years ago)
Sure, just click this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70zs7vads40h7kg/B063%20Jan2012%20Mark%20Scheme.pdf

As for what I revising, I'm definitely going over the pros/cons of cloud computing as it wasn't on the January paper, as well as the stuff about Magic Mirror.

Hai, I don't even have the paper (bad organisation on my teachers' part; they're hardly ever both there and I missed our mock because I was ill). Where could I possibly find it? It's not on OCR because it's new
Ignore that last post I didn't see the links XD sorry
Reply 31
Exam Tommorow last minute revision FTW
Original post by 0072121
Exam Tommorow last minute revision FTW

Haha, I haven't even started :redface: I better get going some time soon xD
Reply 33
Original post by WeakenedNebula
EDIT: Also, my teacher gave everyone a revision pack based on FrontLine18. It's from a company called 'ZigZag Education' but apparently my teacher told me that it cost him £60 to just buy one pack off the company (he photocopied the pack once bought).

Our teacher gave us a PDF from the same company, only it was a sample copy and it has bits blank out. Guess he was too cheap to buy the real thing. :rolleyes:

Anyway, 24 hours until exam time. Time to start cramming!
Am I the only one with Maths on the same day as the ICT exam?

I am ****ing myself! :frown:
Is everyone ready for the exam tomorrow?

I have both tomorrow as well! I'm hoping this exam goes well because my other ict exam was pretty good and so is my coursework.

My teacher has hardly prepared us for this, we haven't had any past papers or learnt anything new..
This is a great website for frontline18.. it covers everything and i've pretty much based my revision around this website.
http://intranet.arrowsmith.wigan.sch.uk/old/subjects/it/gcse/GCSE2010/ICTinContext/2012casestudy.html

good luck to everyone!

i've got maths tomorrow aswell, good luck!
Reply 38
Is the magic mirror an example of gesture based controls

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
In the 'ICT in Today's World' exam (Which I think is Unit 1) I got 60 marks out of 60 (100% - A*), and the next highest in my school was a B. I was like :colone:

But anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how I should answer the 8 mark questions for the FrontLine18 exam?

Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Could you please scan the revision pack and put it online? It would be really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending