The Student Room Group

Girls who shave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
Read FHM, Hustler, Nuts and Zoo for evidence. Men expect women to be smooth all over.

So you have returned! :pirate3:
Expect men to say "one day he will cheat on you".

Cause I don't shave my pubes? :rofl:

To quote many men: "it's unnatural for women to have hair down there and all over".

Perhaps, but I didn't think men were so ignorant of basic human biology. Perhaps I was giving them too much credit :holmes:
Reply 82
**** understanding.

They would just have sex with her once, and then go with someone smooth.

Maybe if they were a dip****, yeah. What context is this in?
Original post by rainbow.panda
Not for any decent man who is worth dating.

But it's the norm for men to expect a smooth girl.
OP don't worry about it. I don't ever remove hair anywhere unless lots of people are going to be seeing that area. I only ever shave my legs if I'm going to be barelegged, even if i'm wearing a skirt as long as i'm wearing tights i won't do it. I've had my hairy legs around both guys and girls faces and guess what, none of them gave a poo. One guy, even after really seeing my hairy legs, arms, and whatever else we're supposed to feel ashamed about, asked me to be his girlfriend - just to knock down this idea that no one will ever want you if you don't do it. It is such a trivial matter, as long as you don't look like cousin it, it doesn't matter. It's just hair. Just be comfortable in yourself.

Its nothing, and anyone with a mental age above 15 will not care. I guess that's not helpful, being 14, but just don't give into peer pressure, don't be bullied into removing your hair. Remember that all the girls making fun of you have hair there too, they have just learned its shameful and so they make fun of anyone who doesn't have the burden they feel, in order to force the shame on them too. If they make fun of you just shrug and ignore them. You aren't a freak, it's all natural so don't worry about it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85
eeeeek I can't imagine having hairy legs!
Original post by ranbow99
Right because those magazines represent the whole male population? :rolleyes:
Like I said, different men like different things and most don't expect girls to keep on top of their shaving every two days!

I thought men expected girls to shave themselves as often as they brush their teeth.

"Where there is a toothbrush, there should be a razor. Where there is toothpaste, there should be shaving cream".

No?

Original post by medbh4805
Cause I don't shave my pubes? :rofl:

Yeah, because it indicates to a man that the girl would have culture clashes. Hair down there is not a British thing for British girls. So if they see hair down there, they know that they will not get on together.

Perhaps, but I didn't think men were so ignorant of basic human biology. Perhaps I was giving them too much credit :holmes:

But it's nasty. That's all that matters - so I've heard.

Original post by Christop
Maybe if they were a dip****, yeah. What context is this in?

In all contexts?

Yeah, because it indicates to a man that the girl would have culture clashes. Hair down there is not a British thing for British girls. So if they see hair down there, they know that they will not get on together.

But it's nasty. That's all that matters - so I've heard.

Pube shaving is a recent fad, and so it underarm shaving. I remember seeing some photos of Suzi Quatro from back in the seventies with hairy underarms, she was sexy then, and many would still find her sexy now. Shaving is not any more intrinsically culturally British than any other fad.
Reply 88
Original post by writergirl
This. What will be next...us shaving our arms?

A lot of people do. I epilate my arms.. but then again i have dark hair.
Reply 89
Original post by inadilemma
Oh the double standards! I'm not going to shave my body to appease small minded individuals such as yourself. If you can't see beyond someone's appearance and think body hair - something everyone has - makes someone less feminine, then you're extraordinarily shallow. I'm doing this for myself, not for anyone else. If people don't want to accept me for who I am, including my right to go au naturel, then they are not worth my time.

Well, if that's how you want to justify it...

Though I do find this Comic Book Guy-esque 'accept me for who I am, don't try and change me' mildly ridiculous when it's in relation to things such as shaving.

BRB not washing BECAUSE THAT'S JUST WHO I AM.

Something that confuses me is that you frequently claim to be so inadequate that you will never have a boyfriend, yet on threads like these you act as if you are master on the subject of "what men want". So which is it?
Pube shaving is a recent fad, and so it underarm shaving. I remember seeing some photos of Suzi Quatro from back in the seventies with hairy underarms, she was sexy then, and many would still find her sexy now. Shaving is not any more intrinsically culturally British than any other fad.

No, I mean hair down there. A man can tell if a girl is ethnically British or not if she doesn't have hair down there.

Even though I'm completely unattractive, at least I don't have hair down there. That would be another reason, in a list of a billion reasons, why men wouldn't want to shag me. But then again, it doesn't make a different, as a man can still feel if a woman has hair down there or not. I can only get a boyfriend if he doesn't have a sense of touch. What a shame.
Original post by llessur123
Something that confuses me is that you frequently claim to be so inadequate that you will never have a boyfriend, yet on threads like these you act as if you are master on the subject of "what men want". So which is it?

I am inadequate because I have realised the truth over what men want.
Original post by zjs
Well, if that's how you want to justify it...

Though I do find this Comic Book Guy-esque 'accept me for who I am, don't try and change me' mildly ridiculous when it's in relation to things such as shaving.

BRB not washing BECAUSE THAT'S JUST WHO I AM.

Not washing is unhygenic. There is nothing dirty about body hair. It is not a sign of uncleanliness. It's natural.

Just because everyone else is shaving doesn't mean I have to.

If it were to become fashion to have no breasts, would people go in for breast reduction surgery? If the answer is no, then why not? Because it's natural and a sign of maturity and womanhood.

You grow body hair when you grow into a woman and girls are taught from a young age that it is disgusting and that we should remove it or else! It's time consuming, expensive and conforms to ideals of beauty that say that it is 'unnatural' for a woman to be 'natural'.
(edited 11 years ago)
No, I mean hair down there. A man can tell if a girl is ethnically British or not if she doesn't have hair down there.

:lolwut: *******s

Even though I'm completely unattractive, at least I don't have hair down there. That would be another reason, in a list of a billion reasons, why men wouldn't want to shag me. But then again, it doesn't make a different, as a man can still feel if a woman has hair down there or not. I can only get a boyfriend if he doesn't have a sense of touch. What a shame.

ISA....I'll give you a challenge. Put on some makeup, a miniskirt and head down to your nearest nightclub. You might have to try a few times. Lower your standards. I guarantee you will be able to have sex, if you're so desperate :borat:
(edited 11 years ago)
:lolwut: *******s

It's true.

ISA....I'll give you a challenge. Put on some makeup, a miniskirt and head down to your nearest nightclub. You might have to try a few times. Lower your standards. I guarantee you will be able to have sex, if you're so desperate :borat:

I'm not 16 yet?

Besides, there's sex, and then there's love. :moon:
It's true.

I guarantee you it is not.

I'm not 16 yet?

Besides, there's sex, and then there's love. :moon:

Fake ID?

Indeed, but one needs physical satisfaction too :colonhash:
I guarantee you it is not.

Men's magazines begs to differ.

Fake ID?

Indeed, but one needs physical satisfaction too :colonhash:

Yes, sex is an element of love. I didn't deny that.
Men's magazines begs to differ.

If we go by men's magazines, we can also tell who's British by who's had boob jobs done :holmes:

Don't be silly

Yes, sex is an element of love. I didn't deny that.

:moon:
If we go by men's magazines, we can also tell who's British by who's had boob jobs done :holmes:

Don't be silly

Either way, men expect women to be smooth. e.g. philistine.

Quick Reply

Latest