Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

GCSE AQA Geography A (Physical, Unit 1) (14th June)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dtin)
    i'm taking this exam and here is a bit of advice: write linked statements for 6 and 8 mark Qs
    because last year I made that mistake and lost quite a few marks which lead to me having to re-take the exam
    care to give an example? but ok thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    linked statements? What d'you mean?

Agreed, an example would be great!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey my mates a keen geographer and has created a great geography website, got some great notes just read through them really helpful.
    www.geographybase.co.uk
    http://www.geographybase.co.uk
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could any one tell me a method that would get me full 8 marks for an 8 mark question? I always seem to drop marks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    muchas gracias for the link bruv

as for eight mark questions, they mark quality of written communication very slightly, as it is a levels question (like you might have come accross with english, ew). Anyhow, still make sure you put loads of points down, and answer the question, linking one point onto the next well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm going to be sitting both exams but I'm alot more worried about the physical one and I'm panicking so much there are only two past papers and I feel really unprepared does anyone have any tips I could use in the exam ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuilk)
    also for restless earth you do not need to know both LEDC and MEDC volcanoes only one. But you do need to know MEDC and LEDC for earthquakes. Check the specification online. It is really useful as I was taught both case studies for restless earth but you only need to know one. Don't waste your time learning extra. Hope this helps
    Do you have a link to the spec ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The spec is really helpful I am going to look at salt marshes. The spec says 'a coastal habitat' which I was using Studland Bay. I might look at a salt marsh just in case though thanks for the heads up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse...-4030-W-SP.PDF
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=""]I was just wondering if anyone could put a link to the specimin papers?>>

Also for anyone doing Keyhaven Marshes so you think its likely to come up for the case study question and if so what do i say???

I am doing The Coastal Zone/Rocks, resources and scenery/The Restless Earth so does anyone have any idea of what the 8 markers might be???[/COLOR]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://getrevising.co.uk/members/clare_bartholomew

Here are some good notes for both unit one and two
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @chante_Jos)
    I'm going to be sitting both exams but I'm alot more worried about the physical one and I'm panicking so much there are only two past papers and I feel really unprepared does anyone have any tips I could use in the exam ?
    i'm sitting both too, mad innit :P
    i've barely done any papers but i'm just making a hell of alot of notes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassingabout)
    i'm sitting both too, mad innit :P
    i've barely done any papers but i'm just making a hell of alot of notes
    I honestly feel like giving up ! This exam will be the death of me !
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @chante_Jos)
    I honestly feel like giving up ! This exam will be the death of me !
    I feel it would be wrong to thumbs-up that post due to its fateful nature,
    despite it being something i can completely relate to :P
    same and same.

the countdown starts ......
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing

Glaciers?
    Restless Earth?
    Rocks Resources and Scenery?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravi.patel999)
    anyone doing

Glaciers?
    Restless Earth?
    Rocks Resources and Scenery?
    I'm doing The Restless Earth, soooo many case studies! I think I have 4 for that topic you just really need to know your figures and examples of things to find at each plate boundary (eg. North Atlantic Ridge, Ring of Fire, San Andreas Fault line etc...) - just know your examples and figures!

but I'm doing weather and climate and water on the land for my other two...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Hot Stalin)
    Could any one tell me a method that would get me full 8 marks for an 8 mark question? I always seem to drop marks

I am always told to make 4 key points and explain them reallllllllly well like include loads of figures and examples and make the examiner think there is nothing that you do not know about the topic. State the obvious sometimes, too! just be really enthusiastic and know your stuff : )
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessiehine)
    I am always told to make 4 key points and explain them reallllllllly well like include loads of figures and examples and make the examiner think there is nothing that you do not know about the topic. State the obvious sometimes, too! just be really enthusiastic and know your stuff : )
    Thankyou! I'm just about to go and do loads of revision as I've only revised the Restless Earth :L screweddd

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know in water on land topic if we need to know a case study of flood control it doesnt appear to be in the sepecification but its in my textbook - The river Tees
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will you get equal marks for each point/ explanation you make if you write in bullets points?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.