The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography A (Physical, Unit 1) (14th June)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by bassingabout
time management is just awful for geography, it ends up that i really dont use any :s-smilie:

anyone excited about tomorrow? :P :P
NINE A.M. ....

I'm bricking it to be honest.
Did you take the day off to revise? :P
Reply 101
Can anyone please tell me their predictions for the 8 mark questions on the following:
Water on the land
Ice on the land
The Restless Earth

Thank you all and good luck!
Original post by Sea Bass
Can anyone please tell me their predictions for the 8 mark questions on the following:
Water on the land
Ice on the land
The Restless Earth

Thank you all and good luck!

I reckon Montserrat with come up for Restless Earth and maybe flood defences for Water on the Land.
Reply 103
I was gonna ask the same thing :P
Well I think we do, I thought it was The Three Gorges Dam in China though!? Like as a hard engineering example.
I'm just going to learn a few points on it, hopefully it won't come up!

Isnt that basically just having a case study for a dam/reservoir ? this is why im confused becasues a dam/reservoir is flood control and i dont understand what sort of question we would be asked on it as the infromation that ive been given isnt clear for like impacts and responses etc
Reply 104
Does anyone think Global Climate Change or SSSI will come up?
Reply 105
Original post by boing360
Isnt that basically just having a case study for a dam/reservoir ? this is why im confused becasues a dam/reservoir is flood control and i dont understand what sort of question we would be asked on it as the infromation that ive been given isnt clear for like impacts and responses etc

Right, I have just checked on the specification thing and I was wrong; it said for water on the land, you only have to learn case studies for an LEDC and MEDC flood (and effects, responses etc.) and a case study for WATER management.
And the water management case study I've learned, incorporates dams/reservoirs (for the water transfer to areas of deficit), so I guess they don't really need tohave a case study for a dam/reservoir.

They are the only 2 case studies in Water on the Land, I have just checked :smile:
Original post by boing360

Kielder Water in Northumberland is the reservoir, where we must know the physical and human factors of the reservoir. Such as there's high annual precipitation (1370mm), only a few people lived in the valley, they were rehoused, the land there was poor-quality and not many habitats were lost.
Then I guess depending on the question you would probably also say about how and why this has been used as a flood defence.
Hope this helps! :smile:

I know what you mean though by nothing being clear about this bit, having a crap teacher such as the one I have doesn't help :angry:
Reply 107
Original post by boumavilla
I reckon Montserrat with come up for Restless Earth and maybe flood defences for Water on the Land.

Thanks, and what do you mean by flood defences?
Do you mean reservoirs/dams?
Reply 108
Comment below if you are taking the day off to revise :P !!
Thanks, and what do you mean by flood defences?
Do you mean reservoirs/dams?

Yeah, I mean reservoirs, as they prevent floods.

And I don't need to take the day off, I have study leave! :wink:
I need to get A/A* in geography to do a-level so I'm trying to do hardcore revision.
Coasts is so boring though -_-
So we all think salt marshes might come up?

And I have study leave too so I'm not taking off school

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 111
Original post by boumavilla
Yeah, I mean reservoirs, as they prevent floods.

And I don't need to take the day off, I have study leave! :wink:

Are you in Y11 then?
I'm in year 10, why are we doing the same exam?
i've got study leave too :biggrin:

yeah salt marshes has never come up, i bet it will, brace yourselves those brave ones doing coastal zone, and who are turning up to the exam :P
Reply 113
i've got study leave too :biggrin:

yeah salt marshes has never come up, i bet it will, brace yourselves those brave ones doing coastal zone, and who are turning up to the exam :P

Are there any good websites to revise salt marshes?
Original post by emily97
Are there any good websites to revise salt marshes?

i've just done the keyhaven ones in the textbook, i'm not sure how to describe fully its characteristics though :s-smilie:

any advice on this?
Tsunami's haven't really come up, nor has ocean trenches and how they a formed, my guess is those.
* and don't forget to READ THE QUESTION. I get told that all the time. The last thing you want to do is misread the question and start rambling on about the wrong thing...
Btw, is anyone doing Ecosystems for no.3?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
My teachers reckon Salt Marshes will certainly appear for Coasts, they said something along the lines of the habitat and species found and also how the habitat is developed. So worth looking at that.
I feel it would be wrong to thumbs-up that post due to its fateful nature,
despite it being something i can completely relate to :P
same and same.

the countdown starts ......:biggrin:

Hahaha, It's so depressing.. In my class we spent like a year on human and like 2 months on physical so I'm feeling a bit screwed right about now.

It's so hard so much to remember and I can't learn all the case studies :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending