Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving Stress & Test Soon

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have had like 20 lessons on and off in the past two years. My theory certificate will expire in september, so I need to pass quick. Booked my test for mid july and I only have 8 lessons up til that time due to funds. The instructor said I will pass just worried. Dont know if I should take 1 lesson a week or 2, seeing as my test is a mere month and a half away.

Sometimes get stressed out, what will happen IF I do pass and then get scared to drive alone (without someone else having some kind of control aswell).

Anyone else in a similar situation?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    luckily i'm not in the same situation as i don't want to drive. in london its easier to use public transport or bikes
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smd4std)
    luckily i'm not in the same situation as i don't want to drive. in london its easier to use public transport or bikes
    I love public transport, just hate it when it doesnt run at night or some of the weird people you meet on the buses. Especially needing to carry stuff over long distances aswell.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    it seems that you are worried that something might happen when you drive alone and that there's no one to help you...? i believe this is quite common in most people when they start learning something new that has the potential to be dangerous.
    you will get confident over time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Then there is constant fear that I will fail. Gah, I Hate Driving, but I need a car.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just think about your test for now, I wouldn't be worrying about what happens you pass. I am sure that you could find someone just to sit and come with you in the car. Your confidence will quickly grow! Good luck for your test

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.