Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how long will second hand weed smoke stay in my system?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone
    about 5 days ago i met up with some old friends and played football on a field, after a while some of them started smoking weed. i moved away and started kicking the ball around on my own, however after this they said they where going home and i was getting a lift with one of them. so i walked over and they where finishing off their splifs. i unfortunatly did breath in about 2-5 mouth fulls but then coughed them straight out again. i didnt give into pear pressure and am deffinatly not going to go out with those guys again.
    so do you reccon i have second hand weed smoke in my system?
    how long will it take to get out of my system?
    and what can i do to speed up the process of removing it??
    please help
    will i be able to pass a drugs test in a month??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably be fine.

you would probably pass a urine test in a month even if you had been smoking it yourself.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    You won't even be affected in the first place from that.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're worrying over nothing. Chill.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, weed does tend to hang around in your body a bit longer than other drugs, but no more than three weeks or so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're too innocent for your own good. Grow up, or prepare to have a tough time in early adulthood.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You will be fine.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to drugs like cannabis and the possibility of second hand smoking is possible you are only counted as positive from a certain amount so.it shows u were smoking it and not just inhaling it

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Gurn Hard)
    You're too innocent for your own good. Grow up, or prepare to have a tough time in early adulthood.
    Lol, strong username to avatar to post content ratio.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You will be 100% absolutely fine, speaking from experience haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure as I have a drugs test in a month for my job which I have worked sooo hard for.
    thanks for putting me at ease really appreciated
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm more concerned about the fact that you got in to a car being driven by someone who had just been smoking weed.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weed isn't bad for you.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    even if you did get a drugs test the readings would be so negligable they wouldnt care but usually weed stays in your system for about 60days i think it was?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentboy94)
    hi everyone
    about 5 days ago i met up with some old friends and played football on a field, after a while some of them started smoking weed. i moved away and started kicking the ball around on my own, however after this they said they where going home and i was getting a lift with one of them. so i walked over and they where finishing off their splifs. i unfortunatly did breath in about 2-5 mouth fulls but then coughed them straight out again. i didnt give into pear pressure and am deffinatly not going to go out with those guys again.
    so do you reccon i have second hand weed smoke in my system?
    how long will it take to get out of my system?
    and what can i do to speed up the process of removing it??
    please help
    will i be able to pass a drugs test in a month??
    You sure you're not high now? You seem really paranoid. You need to get over it to be honest, more people than you realize use cannabis.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The smoke left your system about 30 seconds after you stopped breathing it.

As for anything else that entered your blood (not very much) i'd say about 36 hours. But i doubt you would have ever failed a drug test after that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Gurn Hard)
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Weed isn't bad for you.
    He has a drugs test coming up. No matter how amazing you think weed is, surely anyone would aim not to fail a drugs test? Or would you wear it like a badge of honour?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morematterlessartx)
    He has a drugs test coming up. No matter how amazing you think weed is, surely anyone would aim not to fail a drugs test? Or would you wear it like a badge of honour?
    Weed is a useless, crude drug. I don't think it's amazing. I do however have a problem with the OP acting as though he's honked on a crack pipe after wandering into a thin cloud of cannabis smoke. Judging by the level of innocence which came through in his post, I would also imagine that the friends he was hanging out with were smoking incredibly low grade, if not counterfeit, cannabis. It's clearly not something to be fretting about.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stop fretting, you'll be fine
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you're fine. Sniffer dogs won't even smell it after a day...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.