Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

IS Their Any Financial Help Available To Study Abroad In Europe

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I wish to study Dentistry in Hungary and I was unable to find any information online about whether I can receive any sort of financial help either from the British government or the Hungarian government. The course lasts for 5 years and the fees are $13,500 dollars a year which works out to 8,783.23 GBP. The living costs are considerably less when compared to the Uk. I have worked out it will cost me a maximum £15,000 to study each year.
    I can afford to pay about £7000 but I am unable to fund the remaining £8000 because I doubt I will be able to find a part time job in Hungary.
    So my question is whether I can receive some sort of loan to fund my degree abroad in Hungary or should I just give up.
    Thanks for reading
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There won't be any funding available from the UK.

I don't have a clue what is available from Hungary though, sorry.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shani)
    There won't be any funding available from the UK.

I don't have a clue what is available from Hungary though, sorry.
    thanks for your help, its so stupid that their are student loans available for European student who wish to study in the UK yet they can't provide loans for their own citizens who wish to study abroad?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undertaker1)
    thanks for your help, its so stupid that their are student loans available for European student who wish to study in the UK yet they can't provide loans for their own citizens who wish to study abroad?
    I'm no expert on EU law etc but SF have to treat EU students the same as UK students. Even UK students need 3 years residency in the UK to qualify for maintenance support, which is why EU students usually only get tuition fee support. EU countries must offer UK students what they would offer their own students - subject to their own rules (for example, the 3 year residency in the UK).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.