Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My next-gen consoles

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I love about the Wii is pointer controls. Waggle is awful and should be consigned to the dustbin of history, but I will be upset if shooters don't start using pointer controls. It's factually better than dual analog, you can aim so much faster and more accurately. Also, split controllers! The Wiimote and Nunchuk is so damn comfortable. It's made me start using the Razer Hydra 2 for my other consoles. Look at this baby:

So damn awesome. My ideal next gen controller looks like this:

This HAS to be the future of gaming.
    That would be just so perfect. Best of all worlds.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    I doubt it, although it saddens me to say it, console it still so far behind PC. It would be great, but I can't see it happening. In all honesty I don't know the reason why, I just know that the 360 was so far off that, it seems like too big of a jump right now.
    But I can dream :3
    • 28 followers

(Original post by Kevin J)
    sounds garbage.
    And how much experience have you got with gaming hardware, and have you recently written a dissertation on computer evolution?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    And how much experience have you got with gaming hardware, and have you recently written a dissertation on computer evolution?
    zero, and no.

why would i need gaming hardware experience and a computer evolution dissertation to have an opinion on a product that is aimed at me? :laugh:

i wasn't dead serious on the graphics being exactly like avatar, my point was more focused on the fact that they seem to be focusing their efforts on gimmicky bs.

touchscreen and tablets is garbage. it gets sales, i get that, i'm just an old school pc/xbox gamer who would like a vast improvement on the hardware and not the gimmicky stuff.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Wii U bashing going on here...

I'm stoked with the new controller!

I'll probably not get it on opening week, however if Reviews are good and burning problems with the system are put to rest, I'll get it

Now let's watch Zombi U
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know for a fact that the Xbox 360 has a lot of untapped potenial, as software progamming gets more advanced so does the power of the 360. For example look at the first few games released on 360 and now look at some of the games in E3, official prediction is that xbox 360 and possibly ps3 will last well until 2015 with graphics steadily upgrading as they both reach there maximum potenial.
    • 28 followers

zero, and no.

why would i need gaming hardware experience and a computer evolution dissertation to have an opinion on a product that is aimed at me? :laugh:

i wasn't dead serious on the graphics being exactly like avatar, my point was more focused on the fact that they seem to be focusing their efforts on gimmicky bs.

touchscreen and tablets is garbage. it gets sales, i get that, i'm just an old school pc/xbox gamer who would like a vast improvement on the hardware and not the gimmicky stuff.
    It gets sales, and therefore can be assumed to be what people want. What I was saying wasn't what I want (IMHO the SNES was the best system ever made). But we're not talking about gimmicks, we're talking about paradigm shifts. Final Fantasy IV on the DS was a good game, Star Fox 64 on the 3DS was fun to play and a good game in general, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Pokemon will be like on the 3DS, and if they'll do a Final Fantasy V and VI adaptation. You have to move with the times, however much better you think games and systems were back in the day.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apolocreed)
    You say this however in relation to console gamers there are barely any pc gamers...its a lot easier to buy a console and a lot cheaper, to get a god pc rig it will cost a fair penny, and will probably cost the same as a console if you want the specs to be equal. You also cant be sociable with your 'real' friends with a PC, as you can do say 4 player fifa or something....
    I think there were like 30 million active Steam users a year or so ago - and it's been growing. Which is about as much as there are Xbox or PS3 active users (I think they've each sold about 60-70 million) - so the PC market isn't as small as you think. Oh course you can't do 4 player Fifa etc. and it's always nice to have a console if you entertain a lot - but I probably go onto skype with friends and play games more than we go to each others' houses to play. Mainly because we play games as things to do between going out and working!

Okay it may cost the same as a console for specs to be equal, but most people would spend at least £300 on a laptop or PC anyway (just for it's features as a PC rather than a games machine) - spend an extra £300-400 (which is what the next gen will cost) and you've got a pretty sweet gaming PC that could beat just about anything the next gen will have to offer.

Having said all this - I'm sure my younger brother will probably get a next gen console and I'll enjoy playing on it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A touchscreen controller pls no

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Remember when this deformed monstrosity was being considered as a PS3 controller? :pierre:

/cries at the fact this was even considered
    • 11596 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Nintendo has confirmed that Friend Codes will return on Wii U"

:cry2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    zero, and no.

But do we really need improved hardware that much? The current-gen can already produce games like Uncharted 3, are you saying that those graphics are not good enough? I really don't think we would enjoy games any more than we do now if the graphics were better.

For gaming to make a significant step forward, something else has to change. And I think that should be the controller and online play. Improving online play is difficult because it is more dependant on people's connection speeds. However the controllers should definitely should be improved, since the Playstation controller has been essentially the same since the PS1.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like a boss)
    But do we really need improved hardware that much? The current-gen can already produce games like Uncharted 3, are you saying that those graphics are not good enough?
    xbox/ps3 graphics = lower tier pc. yes, i'm saying those graphics are not good enough.

I really don't think we would enjoy games any more than we do now if the graphics were better.
    i would.

For gaming to make a significant step forward, something else has to change. And I think that should be the controller and online play. Improving online play is difficult because it is more dependant on people's connection speeds. However the controllers should definitely should be improved, since the Playstation controller has been essentially the same since the PS1.
    i agree, more buttons would be great, but not touchscreen.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.