Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS grades and A level predictions?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get at AS levels? And what were you then given as predictions? Where did you apply to, what course, and how many rejections?

AS:
    Maths - U
    Physics - D
    Electronics - A

I did horribly the first year as I didn't turn up to half the lessons, I have no idea how I managed an A in electronics. I even handed in coursework late. I think my teachers gave me predicted grades that matched my ability (although I think I might get an A* in electronics and an A in physics)

Predictions:
    Maths - A
    Physics - B
    Electronics - A

Applied to do Electrical Engineering at Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool and Cardiff. Received offers from all 5 universities. (Was quite shocked)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did you get an A prediction from a U at AS!? Thats insane!!!!! you much be really naturally clever
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION)
    How the hell did you get an A prediction from a U at AS!? Thats insane!!!!! you much be really naturally clever
    Yeah I didn't do anything last year haha. I sat 3 maths exams in January (2 resits) and scored all A so I should be fine.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    AS
    Economics - B
    Government & Politics - A
    History - A
    Philosophy - A
    Sociology - A

Predictions
    Economics - A
    Government & Politics - A
    History - A* (this is very unlikely, A2 history is the hardest thing I've ever done -.-)
    Philosophy - A*

Applied to read history at Oxford, Warwick, York, Sheffield and Cardiff. Rejected from Oxford post-interview, accepted at everywhere else, firmed Warwick and put York as my insurance.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.