The Student Room Group

AS grades and A level predictions?

What grades did you get at AS levels? And what were you then given as predictions? Where did you apply to, what course, and how many rejections?

AS:
Maths - U
Physics - D
Electronics - A

I did horribly the first year as I didn't turn up to half the lessons, I have no idea how I managed an A in electronics. I even handed in coursework late. I think my teachers gave me predicted grades that matched my ability (although I think I might get an A* in electronics and an A in physics)

Predictions:
Maths - A
Physics - B
Electronics - A

Applied to do Electrical Engineering at Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool and Cardiff. Received offers from all 5 universities. (Was quite shocked)
How the hell did you get an A prediction from a U at AS!? Thats insane!!!!! you much be really naturally clever
Reply 2
Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION
How the hell did you get an A prediction from a U at AS!? Thats insane!!!!! you much be really naturally clever

Yeah I didn't do anything last year haha. I sat 3 maths exams in January (2 resits) and scored all A so I should be fine.
AS
Economics - B
Government & Politics - A
History - A
Philosophy - A
Sociology - A

Predictions
Economics - A
Government & Politics - A
History - A* (this is very unlikely, A2 history is the hardest thing I've ever done -.-)
Philosophy - A*

Applied to read history at Oxford, Warwick, York, Sheffield and Cardiff. Rejected from Oxford post-interview, accepted at everywhere else, firmed Warwick and put York as my insurance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending