Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your top Metal/ Hard Rock songs.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lately my top 3 is
    1. Painkiller- Judas Priest. He can't be stopped!
    2. Raining Blood - Slayer. This is an absolute madness!
    3. Smoke On The Water- cover by Metallica. Imo it is MUCH, MUCH better than original.Word smoke should get replaced with flame.

I know they are obvious songs to pick, but at the moment they keep rocking in my mind.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

I think it's important to support newer bands. You can't just spend your life clinging onto 80's rock, it gets boring.
    I like metallica and slayer as much as the next guy, but i wouldn't call their songs my favourite.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Is that the front cover to the album 'Loveless' by My Bloody Valentine? Important band.

I'm quite a fan of the Eastern-European Black/Folk metal fusion. Here are a couple of songs from a Ukrainian band called Drudkh and a relatively lesser-known Kyrgyz band called Darkestrah.

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is Loveless. Drudkh are awesome. Estrangement and Autumn aurora are my favourite albums by them. I'm listening to that darkestrah now. I've heard of them before, but never heard anything by them. Try Walknut, they are like Drudkh, but with a bit more oppressive nihilistic sound.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tough choice between:

and

Same album

Rosetta aside, there's definitely a song from Weighing Souls With Sand (The Angelic Process) in there somewhere. Quite possibly Dying In A-Minor. Or Burning In The Undertow Of God.

Unfortunately I can't find Narrenschyff on youtube, so you'll have to listen to Aber aus der Asche wird ein Schwan entstehen instead.

I can't pick favourites. There are just too many good songs :sad:
    What do you base it on? How heavy it is? How atmospheric it is? The BPM? Individual solos?
    Too many variables.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It prevails- shine through, about failing and an anomaly

Black dahlia murder- most of their songs

Parkway drive- all of their songs

And then all the metallic classics, slayer dimmu borgir forgotten etc etc.

Have you guys heard if nuklear holocaust? They're an extreme black metal ban from Poland, if your into that sort of stuff check them out

Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parkway_Drive)
    And then all the metallic classics, [...] dimmu borgir forgotten etc etc.
    I don't normally pick up on things like this, but are you being serious?

Also:

Sarcofago - Nightmare. INRI is a classic album and one of the first black metal albums, in addition to being the best thrash album ever.

Napalm Death - Suffer The Children. Although my favourite album of theirs (and indeed favourite album in general) is Scum, this is the best song of theirs - Scum's 28 tracks in 35 minutes doesn't exactly engender 'tunes'.

Mystifier - The Dark Kingdom (T.E.A.R.). Something a little more underground - like Sarcofago, Mystifier were Brazilian, and like Sarcofago, they were one of the more extreme metal bands of their time. Great riffs too.

Finally,

Doom - Police Bastard. Crust punk is another favourite of mine, and although it's not strictly metal, it's close enough. Vanillas would still dismiss it as 'horrid screamy rubbish'.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Folk metal is the way forwards - I'm very happy to have seen some of the Eastern European stuff here already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjV5zpkVF1E - Moonsorrow's Jumalten Kaupunki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeGuDQ5gq-c - Forefather's metal cover of Miri it is (14th C folk song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPz7cMD3qs - Agalloch's Not Unlike the Waves (cracking band, saw them live a few weeks back at the Underworld)

Not so folk metal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1opjmuiHWw - Chaos Path by Arcturus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUUkJg4R3M - SOPHIA by Blood Stain Child (Japanese blackened pop metal)

I'm also a massive fan of Dethklok - what a band! Hehe.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I don't normally pick up on things like this, but are you being serious?

Also:

Sarcofago - Nightmare. INRI is a classic album and one of the first black metal albums, in addition to being the best thrash album ever.

Napalm Death - Suffer The Children. Although my favourite album of theirs (and indeed favourite album in general) is Scum, this is the best song of theirs - Scum's 28 tracks in 35 minutes doesn't exactly engender 'tunes'.

Mystifier - The Dark Kingdom (T.E.A.R.). Something a little more underground - like Sarcofago, Mystifier were Brazilian, and like Sarcofago, they were one of the more extreme metal bands of their time. Great riffs too.

Finally,

Doom - Police Bastard. Crust punk is another favourite of mine, and although it's not strictly metal, it's close enough. Vanillas would still dismiss it as 'horrid screamy rubbish'.
    It's all a matter of perception and opinion. Personally I think dimmu are a classic band. Burn me all you want, it's my opinion. There aren't enough metal fans out there for everyone to argue about bands

Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and this:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    junior's eyes by sabbath
    feeling that bass riff
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got to second Self Vs Self! My favourite sorta hard rock song is I was a teenage anarchist - Against Me!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whitechapel - Devolver
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Animosity - Sevendust. In case it's metal enough.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.