The Student Room Group

What are you going to do in the summer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Junaid96
You are so weird. I'd work on that over summer.

word
got two jobs so that will keep me busy :biggrin:! main aim = save money!
Reply 22
Original post by Negaduck
I hate to crush your dreams, but speaking as someone who has just finished his A-level exams, this statement is far from true. I've done nothing for 2 years and still heading for good grades, where as I actually had to work for my GCSEs. I did Maths, Further Maths and Economics at A-level and an AS in Chemistry if you were interested.

You must be a genius then, A levels are a LOT harder than GCSEs, I think it's bad advice that you don't have to do anything for 2 years... I actually did work last year for AS levels but still wish I'd had worked harder as I wouldn't have so much pressure on this year :/
Original post by Junaid96
You are so weird. I'd work on that over summer.

Ladies adulate the eccentricity.:bl:
I may be cooking different dishes, (I know it's a man's job; but I have to be careful not to burn anything)
Revision/studies (5 exams in November)
Gym
Also I might book one day trips (Easyjet) to France or Germany with my best friend. France would be romantic
Summer is going to be great! My last exam is tomorrow so I basically have 4 months summer! I'm going to Turkey for a week in July and I will probably head up to Portrush for a while with a group of my friends. I really want to go to Amsterdam for a few days but probably won't have the money. Other than that, I'd like to read a few books that I've been wanting to for ages, get fitter by going to the gym, go out clubbing and generally do lots of stuff with my friends because I won't see them as much when I leave for university. I'll be working too so I can save up some money for uni. I also need a new clothes so some shopping trips are in order. I'll probably do a lot of sleeping as well to be honest.
Original post by metalupyerass
main aim = save money!

Same :biggrin: saving for anything special?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by JLKeating
Same :biggrin: saving for anything special?

Uni commuting haha! But planning two holidays during the summer so it will go to that too, but mostly uni :smile:
you?
Reply 28
I'm gonna be an au pair in Spain. Really good idea if you wana get something useful to do over summer and are finding it hard to get a job. You can do it all over the place, France, Germany, Ireland... And they don't care if you don't speak the language, what they want is someone with good English.

Apart from that I will be going on holiday lots, the short spaces of time I'm in the UK I'll be going out with friends, and I'm aiming to do all the reading from my reading list for next year
Reply 29
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
> Euros
> Olympics
> PS3
> Daytime TV
> w*nking
> And a ****load of drinking

Put it this way, once you leave uni you might get two weeks of summer holiday every year, so this might be one of your last chances to enjoy such a long break right all the way up to retirement. Just chill, dude.

When are you gonna get the experience to get a proper job after you graduate? Unless you already have something during term time...? That list pretty much equals unemployment, and then you'll be having way more than two weeks off.
Uni commuting haha! But planning two holidays during the summer so it will go to that too, but mostly uni :smile:
you?

Mainly for a trip to Kenya next February with school, I have to pay half of it as my twin brother is going too and my parents wouldn't be able to afford to pay for both of us so we're going half and half :P also got to get some spending money for my trip to London at the end of August :smile:

Original post by abc:)
When are you gonna get the experience to get a proper job after you graduate? Unless you already have something during term time...? That list pretty much equals unemployment, and then you'll be having way more than two weeks off.

Well I am working as well, 5 hours a week but I'm doing a ****load of overtime. Never less than 10 hours a week and often over 20 :tongue:

Plus I don't even start uni till September and I'm doing Actuarial Science which is one of the most guaranteed employment degrees.
you?

Not staying in the halls?
Original post by Saleemadat
I may be cooking different dishes, (I know it's a man's job; but I have to be careful not to burn anything)
Revision/studies (5 exams in November)
Gym
Also I might book one day trips (Easyjet) to France or Germany with my best friend. France would be romantic

Romantic holiday with your best friend? :biggrin:
Reply 34
Well I am working as well, 5 hours a week but I'm doing a ****load of overtime. Never less than 10 hours a week and often over 20 :tongue:

Plus I don't even start uni till September and I'm doing Actuarial Science which is one of the most guaranteed employment degrees.

Fair enough, one of my biggest regrets up til now has been not working, that's why I brought it up :smile:
Train for a half marathon, get fitter, do a fair amount of sport. Work full time for a month at my current job. Work at a festival in France for two weeks. Go to a festival. Then go back to work at my current job.

This is all after exams are over of course. Oh and somewhere after the French festival, fit in time to console myself after missing the grades I need for uni. Then go back to full time work.

I'd also like to fit in some travelling in September. Not sure where though!
Play video games, read trashy books and hopefully go to pride Glasgow.

Life is good.
Reply 37
If i can work experience after a 3 week holiday, mums making me go :/ I'd rather stay and do work experiencedor longer

Not staying in the halls?

Cant afford it :/
Plus i'm only in uni 2-3 days a week so there isn't much point in paying for halls AS WELL as travelling costs = too much! D:

But then again, my uni's are at liek the other other side of the country, so i may need to replan something, unless i get into uni locally :biggrin:
Going to be relaxing :smile: and then when there is about two days before GCSE results day, panicking :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest