The Student Room Group

What are you going to do in the summer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by exam2k10
How about no. I dont rate u.

Why start early? You want a gold medal?

U can start revision when school starts

EDUCATION IS NOT ONLY DURING SCHOOL DAYS, EVERYDAY WE LEARN SOMETHING. SOME LIKE US REVISE IN ORDER TO GET A EXCELLENT GRADE WHICH WE WILL OF COURSE, BUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR ONE TO ACHIEVE HIGH, ESPECIALLY IN A LEVELS. :mad:
Summer job, followed by revision, followed by work experience, followed by more revision.

Not hugely fun, but I should be meeting up with a few uni friends in London for coffee/ shopping/ cinema dates :biggrin:
Reply 62
Sleep, go to the olympics, volunteer, revise
Reply 63
Original post by Monzystar
EDUCATION IS NOT ONLY DURING SCHOOL DAYS, EVERYDAY WE LEARN SOMETHING. SOME LIKE US REVISE IN ORDER TO GET A EXCELLENT GRADE WHICH WE WILL OF COURSE, BUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR ONE TO ACHIEVE HIGH, ESPECIALLY IN A LEVELS. :mad:

You don't have to revise so early. How are you going to stay focused with so many things happening? This is the summer so enjoy yourself and take things easy! No need to worry about essays and stuff like that. I'm sure people won't even start revising until a few weeks into the year, so that's when you can take advantage.

I know people in my year who thought it was a good idea to do what you did for their AS's and they felt the cold, harsh reality. Some students ended up being social rejects because they revised for AS's during the summer holidays and ended up with Bs and Cs, why? Because they got too cocky, thinking revising so early will bring the goods. I'm sorry but it won't.

You may not agree with me, but I didn't need to revise over last summer and I'm in a great position for good grades. So have fun and enjoy the sun, not the textbooks :biggrin:
Original post by UWS
So have fun and enjoy the sun, not the textbooks :biggrin:

*or the lack of it, knowing British weather...but enjoy the holidays!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Work, gym, and party!!! In that order, every day.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
For me it's a toss up between:

1) A holiday in Canada
2) Visiting every single electricity pylon south of Watford by 1st September
Reply 67
Original post by UWS
Revising so early for C1/C2/C3 is not necessary. There are other fun ways to keep your brain stimulated such as Sudoku puzzles and crosswords You're wasting your time working on the school syllabus so early in the year, people who do that in my eyes are trying too hard and going OTT. Trust me, those 3 modules are very easy and you can do it in the first 2-3 months of the year, leaving 2 months of practising. Just enjoy the summer without having to worry about school work. You do realise it's hard to keep focused in such a fun part of the year? No need to stress out this summer, leave it for September.

I agree with UWS.

C1/C2/C3...come on, they are a joke. If the exam is in Jan, start revision in November.

Whats the point in starting early?
Will you win a medal?
Will you end up in the Guinness World Records? Well yes, you probabily will for being the biggest social reject and the dumbest person alive.

I got 4 a-level exams in the next two weeks. I only started studying now, because I know that I will remember the information from my notes and textbook

My advice is to enjoy the holidays. They are there for a f****** reason. Make use of it :biggrin:
Original post by Palatial Veranda
For me it's a toss up between:

2) Visiting every single electricity pylon south of Watford by 1st September

I think I'd be somewhat in awe of anyone who actually did this. :cool:
Original post by Pandabär
I think I'd be somewhat in awe of anyone who actually did this. :cool:

http://www.pylons.org/
Original post by katyness
I'm going to work... at the Olympics :biggrin:

oh wow, that sounds awesome :biggrin:

Amazing stuff. Sadly the website blocked me from reading the 'erecting pylons' pages. I didn't have the required authorisation apparently... :ahee:
Working on a placement for uni on an acute admission ward :smile:
banging some pom pom
Reply 74
Original post by exam2k10
I agree with UWS.

C1/C2/C3...come on, they are a joke. If the exam is in Jan, start revision in November.

Whats the point in starting early?
Will you win a medal?
Will you end up in the Guinness World Records? Well yes, you probabily will for being the biggest social reject and the dumbest person alive.

I got 4 a-level exams in the next two weeks. I only started studying now, because I know that I will remember the information from my notes and textbook

My advice is to enjoy the holidays. They are there for a f****** reason. Make use of it :biggrin:

I love how so many people say C1/C2/C3 is a joke, it's not a joke unless you got 100UMS with ease. How will it benefit me? well I'll tell you how, I'll get C1/C2 over and done with and then focus on cementing an A* in Maths, that's how, then I'll be laughing at the kids taking C3/C4 in June 2014 whilst I finished it a year before them.
Original post by Safiya122
Yeah I know what you mean :smile: I remember a day before I was going to school, the next day for my year 10 results, I was literally stressing and panicking and my younger sister was like 'you'll be fine', ha when it comes to her results I'll say that too :biggrin:
Anyways, I was too scared to open the envelope for my year 10 results, had to have my sister do it for me. Did quite well, failed miserably as Maths but hey, now I've passed my GCSe maths :biggrin::biggrin: I swear, I'm going to be panicking exactly the way I was before my year 10 results, and my hands will probably be shaking before I open it but I swear, I'll feel a huge relief if I've got the grades I wanted, that feeling is good:smile:

I'm in year ten now! I remember picking up my year 9 two results... I'm going to pick up my maths, English language, photography, biology, chemistry, geography and physics and History AS Level I'm going to be very nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 76
Going to chill out, prepare myself for Sixth form by doing some preparation work and get fit :biggrin:
Reply 77
Original post by Safiya122
I plan on revising a little in the summer but only like a couple of weeks or so before summer is coming to an end. It's good to pre-learn everything so you're kind of ahead of the class on the topic wise, plus when it comes to the lessons, it'll be more of a revision session for you whilst for others it'll be more learning new things :smile: ah I know it sounds geeky but oh well.

It doesn't sound geeky. It just sounds dumb and makes me question your sanity. People need breaks sometime and if you seriously need to be ready ahead this early then lol how dumb are you.
Get married
And get alevel results

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 79
relax, go to summer school, get fitter and go to a wedding and thats pretty much it!

Quick Reply

Latest