The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology Unit3 for Jan06

I have just received my result today. My biology 3 UMS is only 66/100. I am shocked as I have always been a strong player for this unit in my class with scores of 80 and above. What's wrong with this paper? What's wrong with ME? Did i get my answering technique wrong? I was taking the written alternative paper. I need a little comforting..
Reply 1
Hey don't worry. I had a very similar situation and I was doing OCR Biology. I was predicted an A but received a D in that module.

I resat in January and got 119/120.

Don't give up resits are worth doing.
Reply 2
oh .. lol
Jean u remember we discussed our papers after we gave the exam.
I got 66/100 for edexcel bio 3 too
but i got an A in bio because of unit 2. 97/100
i had BBCC in summer.. now ive got AABB
wat bout u ?
Reply 3
hi, Usman...
wow. we got the same score. haha. it was weird and was really frustrating. i cant figure out where i did wrong.
well, it was my first sitting in every paper. my principal predicted AAAB for me.
i got pretty hight marks for my bio 1 and 2. 86 and 95 repectively. but i did badly in unit4, scoring D. my lecturer doesn't encourage me retaking unit4. so, would it be wise for me to retake unit 3 since it seem that scoring high on this paper is kinda hard?
Reply 4
Resit1
Hey don't worry. I had a very similar situation and I was doing OCR Biology. I was predicted an A but received a D in that module.

I resat in January and got 119/120.

Don't give up resits are worth doing.

wow. ur score is high. congrates. hope i have the same fate as u. hehe.
yeah, that unit 3 was a bugger, but I still managed to get an A for AS
(C in unit 3 originally, then this Jan I got a D for unit 3!!!!)
coursework is considered part of unit 3 as well... so if you did bad in that then maybe you didnt do too bad in the paper? I'm really annoyed with my coursework mark - 25/32 which means i gotta do well in the paper to get an A
Reply 7
Hey Jean,
Unit 3.. i dont think repeating it would be of n e use. But if ur determined for an A in A2 bio u should repeat it. I might repeat unit 1 i got 88/100 but its very easy to score more atleast more than 95.
I really hated unit 3 for this jan. IT didnt sound that bad when i didit..

What happened to ur physics practicals?
Reply 8
and i guess u should repeat unit 4 again. Its easy i mean once u get the hold of it. and i can definately say that u will increase the mark if u sit in the coming june. If u need help il pass u some really fantastic bio notes. I study bio from these notes. and which option r u doing? microbiology? if so.. il pass u those notes too.
tc
Reply 9
i did the written alternative for bio 3 and i did pretty bad in both the papers. i saw my raw marks, and they are 15/32 and 23/38.. very bad, aren't they?

i dont want to resit any more paper as edexcel decided to charge our college double for any additional paper, which means 34pound per papar. i see that as unfair so i decided not to resit. Scoring a B for biology is enough, since 'B' for 'B'iology, right? hahaha.. lame joke.. besides, i don't need the A to gain into university.

I do need help on notes. hehe.. the incomplete unit5 that's is according to the edexcel spec? any body have the full version? thx in advance.

my physics practical is amazingly the highest in my college, scoring only 91/120(i put in 'only' in my sentance as i know it's not a high mark comparing to other school). i dont know how and why as i'm always weaker in physics. i decided to drop physics, taking only AS. 3 a-levels are all i'm going for now.

u guys are really nice people. glad i've joined tsr.
Reply 10
91/120 for practicals is really good. my score was bad.I guess i got some thing like.. 65% .. overall.. for practicals.. lol.. im not bothered..
Hmm yeah B for biology so.. B is enough. Even id be happy if i got a B in bio..
So u have "matzz" notes. they r pretty good. Even i was searching for notes on genetics.

Ne ways mocks r coming up. and i havent prepared. Im all freaked out

Latest