Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nursing and part time work :s

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have already posted something on this topic but my question is still unanswered.

I am starting a nursing degree in september. i currently have a weekend job with a very unflexible employer, i was planning on working there for the summer and then leaving in september time. Im going to be living at home so i wont have many expenses apart from travel. However i will still need a monthly income so that i can get by and be social etc.
    someone advised i do the nhs professional jobs but you have to be in year 2 or be in hospital placement for 12 weeks so this option is not possible until year 2, so in the 1st year what could i do for money! i dont want to work all weekend as i need time to see my family friends and boyfriend as my degree is quite full on apparently during the week and the universitys advise you do not work unless you have a flexible employer.

any suggestions on what i could/should do?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could consider something like campus student marketing. It's just promoting stuff around your university - not hugely well paid most of the time but it can help you earn some cash for going out, etc.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 7, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.