The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds college of art and design.

Scroll to see replies

hey, i've just had my interview at leeds college of art and design, not been accepted yet but thought i'd look at accommodation and hope to god i get in cuz this place is faaaaab! Liberty park is too expensive for me :frown: need lots of beer money hehe! Does anybody know where Garden house Halls is and what its like cuz i'm thinking of going there if i get in???
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
im starting the foundation course at lcad in august- im going to book my room on tuesday in liberty park- am i right in thinking that it is about 5mins walk to lcad from it? It looks really nice! If i get a room- i guess ill see you there!
Reply 22
lol, nah i walked frm college to liberty prk, and it takes bout 30mins if u walk quick.so i figureded that i wud ave to get buses if it got dark.thats wat put me off, that and the price was a bit much.im off to live at the plaza which is jst behind the college and is a bit cheeper.
How much is it at the Plaza any ideas roughly?
megan
lol, nah i walked frm college to liberty prk, and it takes bout 30mins if u walk quick.so i figureded that i wud ave to get buses if it got dark.thats wat put me off, that and the price was a bit much.im off to live at the plaza which is jst behind the college and is a bit cheeper.

which one is the plaza? garden house or royal park? does it have a website address?
actually- to be honest, im not sure if it would matter to me that much. Of course it would be better if it was closer but i think id prefer en suite!- i dont want to share with boys :P
Reply 26
http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMMODATION.information/Leeds/The_Plaza/

tis a new developement, costs £79 and tis awsome. and i no a lot of current students are going and sum 1st years.
oooo £79! i'm lookin for £65 to £75 really, all this money thing is quite worrying but my student loan wont cover £79 a week. I guess i'll have 2 look for something less posh hehe. anybody have any ideas on cheapo places?
megan
http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMMODATION.information/Leeds/The_Plaza/

tis a new developement, costs £79 and tis awsome. and i no a lot of current students are going and sum 1st years.

thankyou so much! xx
citrus
is anybody going to leeds college of art and design in september? preferably on the visual communications course?

ive just booked my place at liberty park! im on the foundation dip course at lcad :biggrin:
Reply 30
Cheapo Places! heehe...i think i need to look for those too. £80 p/week? shocking! Royal Park flats is where its at...its like £65 p/week..more money for going out...food...etc...it in hyde park, and sure, its not the nicest of places, but its a bit of a boho area, which is cool for me, as i like that kinda thing. Good luck everyone! and - blackberrycorest - lucky you with your place at liberty park - that looks gorrrrgeous! :smile:
Reply 31
Hello, is anyone doing Interior Design in september?

and does anyoneknow much about the royal park Halls in Hyde Park?? and how much of a walk would it be to college?
yea i heard hyde park is a bit rough from a friend that is at leeds met. Got my place today woohoo!!! doing fashion in september will be fab!! so excited. You know garden house sounds a lot better than royal park...and its cheaper. i'm going to ring up tomora and get a place hopefully! The only thing is garden house is in headingly....bit further away from college than hyde park but at the end of the day i dont think it really matters where you live as long as the company is good, am i right??
do u know if many ppl are going in the plaza flats? i went on the website but the picture wasn't coming up do u know anywhere else where i could see one, or if u know when there is a day where i can go and look around them. if not im thinking liberty park
Reply 34
Hey - in response to martha - royal park flats....if you go to this site : http://www.unipolhousing.org.uk/ - go to housing portfolio and you can view the flats that are for the art college people.
its about a ten minute walk to the college - its really not that far, and you can get a bus if you so wish, which won't take that long at all.
I think im going to be going there - just because i really like the area, its really chilled out, good pubs, shops etc. and its cheap :smile:.
are you thinking of going there?
I think Hyde park is better than Headingley - headingley is a bit small, and there isn't much going on really...depends what kind of person you are though.
Happy Flat/house hunting :smile:
tinkerbell72t
How are people feelign about moving away to leeds, are people coming from far?

im excitied! im moving from my boarding school near london! my parents live in aberdeen so im coming from as far as you can be!! :smile:
Reply 36
hey im goin to leeds college to do graphic design is ne1 else?
jus trying to decide which halls to go to, does ne1 know wen we have to decide by? whats every1 else doin?
Reply 37
hey ben...
im not doing graphic design...but thought i'd reply nevertheless!
i think there is a house viewing day for the royal park flats in hyde park, and also the Garden house flats in headingley on the 10th of June...and there is also a house hunting day on the 21st of June....
i think im going to go for the royal park flats...even though its not as great as say liberty park...its much cheaper, and its in quite a cool area. if its REALLY ****...i think im going to go to the house-hunting day and try and get a group of people together for a house...
what were you thinking of doing?
hi ben, I'm not doing graphics either- fashion and clothing but i though i would reply too, i've just got my place at the tannery, its right near the centre and has really good facilities! good price too, i got my room for £76 a week with an en suite sharing the flat with 6 peeps i think.
nobody has spoke about the tannery so far on this forum thing but take a look at the webste, it looks great! http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMMODATION.information/Leeds/The_Tannery/Images.html
all the best katie x
Reply 39
seems like no1s doin graphics, hope im not gona be the only one on the course.lol. not really sure where im gona go. dont really know what there like, probably go for the cheapest one.(more money to go out). the tannery looks pretty good, and quite cheap.Im goin to the viewing day on the 7th so ill try and decide then. Wheres every1 coming from? whats everyone doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest