Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MUSE have gone dubstep for new album!

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli_G)
    I don't believe that can be a finished song for a muse album. Does not sound 'polished' enough and the drumming is terrible compared to Dom's usual stuff.

I'm not convinced.
    Which would be a good reason for it to be a B side and not on the album. A demo perhaps?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeboyd)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6EN...=r%C2%ADelated

This is an apparent B side for the new album. I don't think I believe it but people are saying it sounds like Chris singing the lead vocals with Matt backing. It sounds pretty horrible overall, however the guitar work is reminiscent of Bellamy so not sure what to think?
    I honestly quite like it.

But I highly doubt it is Muse.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope Muse do no more of that pseudo-political bullcrap they did on the Resistance.

As for the 'trailer' I'm not sure what to say... I think it's rubbish but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, if only for Leeds Festival last year.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackgold)
    CAN'T WAIT for the new bloc party album! it's been too long since intimacy!
    yes..too long 2008! that's four years :eek:...maybe that's why the album's called four?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomNomNom :))
    yes..too long 2008! that's four years :eek:...maybe that's why the album's called four?
    or maybe because it's the fourth album?

four years with no bloc party is far too long! is there a BP thread on here?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackgold)
    or maybe because it's the fourth album?

four years with no bloc party is far too long! is there a BP thread on here?
    oh..silly me and I don't think there's a BP thread
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomNomNom :))
    Sorry for turning this into a Bloc Party thread but...

Cannot wait for the new Bloc album, does anyone else think the press have been incredibly unfair towards them over the last half decade?
    I mean, Intimacy wasn't a superb album, though still comparatively good to the output of many of their compatriots, but the backlash started with A Weekend in the City. By my reckoning at least, that album was pretty much flawless, with the exception of Kele's opening passage in Song for Clay and the album's slightly overaching temperament (trying too hard to write about the big topics) and yet the press panned it.

Also, with the new album title, there are a number of interpretations - Fourth album; four members of the band; four years since the last album etc, but I think The Verve pretty much ended the fourth album name pun stakes when they called theirs Forth.

I'm thinking about starting a thread, do you think there's enough Bloc fans on here to do that, or do people just prefer to use their official forum (Always New Depths)?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bollo's Lovechild)
    Sorry for turning this into a Bloc Party thread but...

Cannot wait for the new Bloc album, does anyone else think the press have been incredibly unfair towards them over the last half decade?
    I mean, Intimacy wasn't a superb album, though still comparatively good to the output of many of their compatriots, but the backlash started with A Weekend in the City. By my reckoning at least, that album was pretty much flawless, with the exception of Kele's opening passage in Song for Clay and the album's slightly overaching temperament (trying too hard to write about the big topics) and yet the press panned it.

Also, with the new album title, there are a number of interpretations - Fourth album; four members of the band; four years since the last album etc, but I think The Verve pretty much ended the fourth album name pun stakes when they called theirs Forth.

I'm thinking about starting a thread, do you think there's enough Bloc fans on here to do that, or do people just prefer to use their official forum (Always New Depths)?
    Lol...didn't realise I was derailing the thread so much..whoops.
    I agree with you. THe press were being such poos to them (excuse my immature language )
    I knew was (kinda) right with the four years thing
    Yes..you should start a new thread!!! I'll be there I didn't realise that they had an unofficial forum.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 12, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.