The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

What accommodation for Loughborough did we all get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by KazMan
So there is no possible way to get Telford Hall?

I'd call them up to be honest...

I did my application at 9am on Wednesday.
But, little did I know then, the system wasn't working properly.

So the one's that I had in the original list (if you understand what I mean?) were completely wrong for me - I'm doing Maths which is on the west side of the campus so wanted a village one - all of the ones given to me on that list were eastern.
So I went through preference.

Then I emailed them saying I wasn't pleased as I had obviously had problems.
I got a call three hours later, apparently some halls weren't online properly, so I told the lady on the phone I wanted Telford and I got it :biggrin:. (Didn't mean for that to sound like I was bragging).

So yeah, if the hall you wanted wasn't up there then maybe giving them a call? Or dropping in an email.

But like Potally_Tissed said, there might have not been any space because of subject/gender.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 61
ALSO

Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom
This morning I applied for Telford and I think it has been confirmed, anyone else? :smile:

Original post by bleaks
anyone in telford doing a MEng?:dontknow:

Telford for the win :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by benjiappleby
I'd call them up to be honest...

I did my application at 9am on Wednesday.
But, little did I know then, the system wasn't working properly.

So the one's that I had in the original list (if you understand what I mean?) were completely wrong for me - I'm doing Maths which is on the west side of the campus so wanted a village one - all of the ones given to me on that list were eastern.
So I went through preference.

Then I emailed them saying I wasn't pleased as I had obviously had problems.
I got a call three hours later, apparently some halls weren't online properly, so I told the lady on the phone I wanted Telford and I got it :biggrin:. (Didn't mean for that to sound like I was bragging).

So yeah, if the hall you wanted wasn't up there then maybe giving them a call? Or dropping in an email.

But like Potally_Tissed said, there might have not been any space because of subject/gender.

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I am going to call them up as soon as possible..and fingers crossed it will all be resolved lol. I wrote an email to them on wednesday but I haven't heard back from them
Original post by benjiappleby

So are you saying that there should be some people in Telford doing the same course as me? I hope there is :smile:
So are you saying that there should be some people in Telford doing the same course as me? I hope there is :smile:

The odds are there will be at least a few people doing the same or similar courses :yep:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
The odds are there will be at least a few people doing the same or similar courses :yep:

Thanks, thats good! :biggrin: How do you know this btw, are you currently at the uni now?
Thanks, thats good! :biggrin: How do you know this btw, are you currently at the uni now?

Yeah I'm a current student there :yes:
Yeah I'm a current student there :yes:

Awesome, how you finding it? Any tips or advice etc. you can share for freshers? Also with 2 weeks freshers is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Awesome, how you finding it? Any tips or advice etc. you can share for freshers? Also with 2 weeks freshers is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I'm not a massive fan of uni in general but can't complain :nah:

Only the usual stuff that you can find in any "tips for freshers" guides :tongue:

It's more like a week and a half, and the last 5-6 days overlap with the first week of lectures, so it's not quite just two weeks of freshers.
has anyone else applied to Faraday ? I feel like a bit of a loner at the moment ...
Reply 70
*waits for official group/page for lufbra 12/13 freshers*
Wanted Bakewell but it wasn't even an option and I was online straight away :frown:, ended up with Billmo which isn't bad i suppose ? Anyone else there ?
Reply 72
****'s sake, I'm applying a day late :frown: not getting what I want then.

EDIT: Only catered left. Any chance of some Bill Mo rooms freeing up at a later date? :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Deanthegnome
Wanted Bakewell but it wasn't even an option and I was online straight away :frown:, ended up with Billmo which isn't bad i suppose ? Anyone else there ?

Yeah, got a standard. Don't see how they've filled up all the spaces in the biggest hall when hardly anyone here seems to have got in though
Original post by xxxy
Yeah, got a standard. Don't see how they've filled up all the spaces in the biggest hall when hardly anyone here seems to have got in though

Bill Mo gets a lot of returner students - I think more than most halls. It's normally one that second year students like (well, that and Harry French).
Reply 75
Is there any point in waiting for rooms to free up at a later date or should I just use the preference option now?
Original post by xxxy

About a third of the rooms are allocated to returners, so that leaves about 270 rooms for freshers. There's also restrictions on how many male/female they'll have in each hall and how many people on each course, so if you were unlucky and by the time you applied 20 people from your course have already got rooms there, they might not let you choose a room there because they don't want halls filling up with masses of people all studying the same thing.

Also, people who will come on TSR to say what room they got are a tiny fraction of the total number of people applying for rooms, so it really isn't representative :nah:
Original post by Pn94
Is there any point in waiting for rooms to free up at a later date or should I just use the preference option now?

Using the preference option now won't rule out getting a different room later on if spaces become available.
Reply 78
Using the preference option now won't rule out getting a different room later on if spaces become available.

Ah right, I've selected 3 preferences. How would I go about getting another room if it became available?
Original post by Pn94
Ah right, I've selected 3 preferences. How would I go about getting another room if it became available?

After you've received an offer for whatever room, if you're not happy with it then phone the accommodation centre and ask what else they have available. Of course there might not be anything you'd prefer but there's no harm in asking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending