The Student Room Group

Why do freshies always look?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZeeAli
and my question is how do I REMOVE MYSELF FROM THE SITUATION?! and if its soo boring then dont read it :/ simples

You don't know how to move from one place to another?
Or to just simply ignore it and get on with your life?

You've looked at people before on the street, for all you know, you could be just over-exaggerating because you're self-conscious.

For your information, I didn't really read it. I just read a few posts and decided to post to tell you that saying 'Freshie' is really not nice. Would you like it if someone referred to you in that way (especially if it's being done in a derogatory tone)?
How can you want to live in a world without racism when you yourself aren't exactly leading by example?

But then again, that's something to be debated elsewhere.
Freshies at college? :hmmmm2:
Why are international students always so socially awkward?
Reply 123
Because they aren't familiar with the cultural norms in the UK? I think 'freshies' stare at everything, including female freshies.
Reply 124
Original post by ZeeAli
haha! before i finished reading it i thought hey this guys being brave! loll and i suppose but i dont get why they have to stare in the first place i mean i dress respectably and im quite reserved

First of all i'm a girl:smile:, and maybe they are all secretly gay and have some obsession with you. Maybe it's because of who you hang around with..maybe they are typical teps and stare because you hang around with girls/white people. Seriously just talk to them or get someone else to talk to them, next time they gawp just shout WHAT? They'll soon leave you alone.
Reply 125
Original post by PrismaticCore
Hah.
If it were some good looking guys or 'non-freshie's, as you'd put it (I really don't enjoy you using that word, it's racist and degrading), you would not be complaining about it on here.

If it really means so much to you, do the mature thing and remove yourself from the situation.
Don't start a boring thread filled with mediocre responses and racist terminology.

I'm not quite sure how it's racist, because the 'freshies' are most likely the same race as him. It's more of a sterotype.

Quick Reply

Latest