Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Question About Laptop Battery

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do i find out what Laptop Battery do i have?

My Laptop number is : HP Compaq Presario CQ61-330SA

Is there a website which tells me the differenet types of batterys i can use for m laptop?
    What are some good sites for Cheap Battery for my laptop

Thank You
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If the battery in the laptop currently is a genuine battery it should have a part number on it that you can use to find a replacement battery, whether it would be a genuine replacement or not.

I know you can find fairly cheap replacement batteries on ebay and amazon but I don't know any other websites. I assume they will be around £20 as I have been looking at batteries for my dv6 over the past week and they are around £15 to £20.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott1541)
    If the battery in the laptop currently is a genuine battery it should have a part number on it that you can use to find a replacement battery, whether it would be a genuine replacement or not.

I know you can find fairly cheap replacement batteries on ebay and amazon but I don't know any other websites. I assume they will be around £20 as I have been looking at batteries for my dv6 over the past week and they are around £15 to £20.
    kk Thanks i will Check soon

Shall i get 6 Cell or a 12 Cell Battery?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmekid)
    kk Thanks i will Check soon

Shall i get 6 Cell or a 12 Cell Battery?
    That depends on how long you want it to last for. Your laptop probably came with a 6 cell battery so if for example that battery originally lasted 2 hours then a 12 cell battery should last 4 hours.

Also be aware that 12 cell batteries are double the size of 6 cell batteries, they will stick out about 2 - 2.5cm on the bottom.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That depends on how long you want it to last for. Your laptop probably came with a 6 cell battery so if for example that battery originally lasted 2 hours then a 12 cell battery should last 4 hours.

Also be aware that 12 cell batteries are double the size of 6 cell batteries, they will stick out about 2 - 2.5cm on the bottom.
    Is there a Website which tells you All the different compatible batterys for a laptop and shows a comparison?

Why are Batterys So Expensive

I want this Battery http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...8-3726901.html

Or this one

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...8-3726830.html

Why is it so expensive ?

for the first one shall i get this cheap one -- why is this so cheap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATTERY-HP...D1005%26rk%3D2

Thank You
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is there a Website which tells you All the different compatible batterys for a laptop and shows a comparison?

HUH? What do you mean in bold they will stick out? from the botton? So it will be in a slope the laptop?
    I don't think there is a website that tells you which batteries are compatible with a laptop but there will normally be a list of compatible laptops on the amazon/ebay page for a specific battery. So I would just search your laptop model number, click on an appropriate battery and then check the page to see if the laptop is on the list of compatible laptops.

As 12 cell batteries have 6 more cells that 6 cell batteries the extra cells must go somewhere, so they do this:

Assume the left battery is a 6 cell and the right one is 12 cell, ignore the middle one as that may be a 9 cell battery.

EDIT:
    Why is it so expensive ?

for the first one shall i get this cheap one -- why is this so cheap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATTERY-HP...D1005%26rk%3D2
    That is genuine vs non genuine for you. As long as the reviews/feedback are/is good then the cheap one should be alright.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a website that tells you which batteries are compatible with a laptop but there will normally be a list of compatible laptops on the a

That is genuine vs non genuine for you. As long as the reviews/feedback are/is good then the cheap one should be alright.
    Thank You for all your help

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 7, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.