Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What time do you normally get up?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I need to be up at 5.30 tomorrow for a 7.30 start at work.

Any tips?

I'm not a good sleeper and I only found out today so I've not been able to coordinate my sleep pattern.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wake up at 6.00 go to the toilet, then go back to sleep. I then wake up at 6:10 and then back to sleep and wake up at 6:30 when I am fully 'woken up'.

I do this to make sure I am fully woken up as if you wake up the first time its horrible but do it the next few times and it is not that bad. Furthermore from what I have experienced going to bed earlier can improve the 'waking up half an hour'.

But I've been doing this for the bast 3 and so years for school so it is 'wired into my mental clack'.

Or if you have an iPhone download the app 'Sleep Cycle' it uses ambient sounds to gradually wake you up.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    During school I wake up at 6:15, turn off my alarm then go back to bed and wake up at 6:40 then complain that I woke up too late.

Usually I just wake up at the time my alarm goes off and just sit up until I actually move, then have a shower so I don't go back to bed :lol:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends what i have on, if i'm working on the farm its usually a 6-7am start. If i'm on the Golf course its a 730-8am wake up. If its college its usually a lovely late 815-830 start.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)

Any tips?

I'm not a good sleeper and I only found out today so I've not been able to coordinate my sleep pattern.
    Between 5:30am and 6:00am. Everyday of the week and holidays.

Try keeping several alarms dotted around the room so you have to get up and turn each one off, once your up turn the light on immediately.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    term time week days I get up at 7.15am

weekends and holidays I get up when the kids get up, which is around 8 or 8.30am, unless it's a rare occasion when my hubby kindly lets me have a lie in, in which case I either get up when the kids scream loudly enough that I can't sleep any more, or I get up at some point before lunchtime when he sends them up to bounce on me lol.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)

Any tips?

Its actually easier to get up early in summer. Plus if the weather is nice, its much more help.

In my last job, I used to start at 8 am on Fridays and would wak eup 5-5 30 am. You get used to it and whether I slept late or early it did not matter. But as I said, it helps a lot when it is summer an dthe weather is good. Also, if you sleep early.

Anyways, just train yourself to wake up early for a week adn you will be able to get up early in a jiff.

What job is it?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually get up at about 2pm, but if I have to get up early, I either try to sleep at about 12am or just stay up all night
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My natural waking up time is about 7:30-8am, unless I've had a few earlies at work then I'll sleep in till 9am the day after :p:
    When I have a 6:30am start at work, I'll get up about 5:15am. I'll set an alarm, although no matter what time I set it to, I always seem to wake up before it! I think my body just knows when I need to get up!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually wake up 10 to 6 for school or 7:00 in the holidays. My sleep is pretty regular.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    9 or 9:30
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get up at 8.30/9.00 most days. I hate sleeping in,unless I am really tired from the night before.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Normally about 10am or 11am (I generally work evening shifts and am currently on a gap year).
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    8.30 during term time (my brother wakes me up as he's leaving for school by slamming the door) and around 9.00 when it's the weekend or he's on holiday. I work from home, and prefer to work later into the evening and have a bit of a lie in.

When I was at uni I had to be up at 6.00 to make it in for a 9.00 lecture, which was fun, but it was fine once I'd got myself in the habit.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone wakes up so early, feel really bad saying 10-12ish.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On school days - 7.45 to leave at 8.05
    On weekends - around 12-1am (I sure do love a lie in)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wake up at 7am for college, otherwise I wake up naturally anywhere between 5-12am, it's random.

I think if it's very early for you and you jump straight out of bed and start getting ready you'll get some adrenaline, you'll feel really tired later though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It'll be different when I'm at uni because I'll have to be up for lectures, but I'm just at home all the time now so I don't need to get up early most days. Usually I'm up at around 10.30am, sometimes 11am if I'm really tired. I've got in the habit of going to bed in the early hours of the morning so I get up late too.

I naturally wake up at around 7.30-8am to go to the loo, then I just go back to bed again.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Term time: 7.15, although this has gradually delayed until 7.35 over the past few months

Now, during study leave for A2 exams: 9.30-10.30 usually

But to compensate for waking up late, I go to sleep later too, around 1.00-2.00 a.m..

In holidays / weekends: Not before 11.00 a.m.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My sleeping pattern is totally screwed. :yawn:

I can't get to sleep til between 2am and 4am and wake up between 12pm and 2pm. So for tomorrow when i've got to be at work for 7am . . . . It's not going to go very well. :dong:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.