The Student Room Group

Is It Too Late?

Before beginning my UCAS application, I had checked whether Sheff Hallam had a Journalism course and they didnt so I proceeded with my application.

However, now that I have sent off my application and Ive been rejected by two Universities, a conditonal offer from another (Check my signature for those Uni's who turned me down). Yesterday, I went to an Open Day at Hallam and afterwards I checked their online prospectus and then found out a three year course in Journalism Studies!! I was abit miffed, as this woulda been my first choice.

My question is that is it too late to apply for the course or not? I cant seem to be able to apply via UCAS, so will I have to go direct? Ive e-mailed their Admissions but no reply.

Thanks....
If you are from overseas and are not EU then it may not be too late, as the deadline for us is not until June, but everyone advises you to get the application in by January 15. Otherwise, you have nothing to lose by contacting the university direct...Perhaps try to speak to them on the phone as it's a little more personal than email. Good luck, at least you have an offer already.
Reply 2
You cannot apply through the regular UCAS process as you've already used up all 6 choices.

But.. you're in luck. Sheffield Hallam has places in UCAS Extra for Journlism Studies (P500). Hit UCAS Track now and apply for that.

You have to decline all current offers first though.
Reply 3
Knogle
You cannot apply through the regular UCAS process as you've already used up all 6 choices.

But.. you're in luck. Sheffield Hallam has places in UCAS Extra for Journlism Studies (P500). Hit UCAS Track now and apply for that.

You have to decline all current offers first though.

Do you mean my UCAS Track or something else?

If you've got any links then it would be appreciated. :smile:

EDIT : Found it, I dont want to decline all offers and find myself rejected even with Extra. Whats the deadline for Extra?
Reply 4
Login to UCAS Track and withdraw all your university applications - this will make you eligible for UCAS Extra.

Once you're eligible (should be instantaneous), an Extra button will appear when you login to UCAS Track.

Click on the button, fill in relevant details, and select a course to apply in UCAS Extra (you can only apply for one course at a time) - in this case it'll be P500 @ Sheffield Hallam.

When you do this, UCAS will send a copy of your application to Sheffield Hallam. You can choose to send them more exam/co-curricular transcripts, a different PS, etc. The university will then review your application and may make you an offer. If you are unsuccessful, decline an offer, or do not receive an offer within 21 days of choosing a course through Extra, you can make a further application (the 'extra' button will be re-activated in UCAS Track).

UCAS Extra ends on 12 July.

Latest

Trending

Trending