The Student Room Group

LNAT Essay

I have written an LNAT essay. Feel free to read my essay and comment on my essay.

What is 'political correctness' and why does it matter?

Political correctness could be defined as acting correctly from the perspective of politics. It is often associated with politicians and is especially important to them as it affects their image. Acting correctly from the perspective of politics might not mean that a person is acting correctly in the eyes of others. This is because everyone will perceive a political action in a different way. Some might think that it is correct while others may think that it is wrong.

To begin with, political correctness is vital to politicians as the action of a politician reflects the image of a political party. A politician often tries his or her best to act correctly in front of the public because his or her action will attract the attention of others. For example, a politician might try to conceal his or her family affairs to maintain his or her public image which is vital to gain supports from the public. In contrast, bad publicity could damage a politician’s image and might eventually affect his or her career as a politician.

Also, political correctness matters because everything and anything which involves politics should be fair and just in theory, but this is often impossible. The correctness of a politician’s action will not only be judged by himself or herself but the public. Therefore, being a politician is not easy because different reactions of the public could out him or her under immense pressure. A politician must also act as fairly and justly as possible in many circumstances.

On the contrary, political correctness might not be so important because nothing in this world could be totally correct or wrong. It depends on individual judgements and perspectives. For instance, a politician might be criticised for helping certain communities more than others. However, other people might disagree and may think that the politician is acting correctly because he or she may be helping a community with greater needs.

In conclusion, political correctness is just a matter of judgement in reality. What matters is how the public perceive a political action. To have a clearer picture of political correctness, many aspects have to be looked at. Other than just black and white, there are many other grey areas to be looked at.
Hey, pretty good LNAT essay! One thing I'd suggest though is don't be afraid to think outside the box and even argue against it as the basis of your essay, rather than agreeing with it. Consider arguments for why political correctness doesn't matter as much as people think, or something along those lines. For my one (last year albeit) I had to discuss whether it was right to force children into education. You'll find with LNAT essays there's often an obvious answer - in this case, of COURSE the majority of reasonable people would say political correctness matters. Putting a different perspective on it is really what makes you stand out to the unis I believe, they mark your essays to their own standards not in the same way as the multiple choice bit. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
How many words is that?

Seems too short.
Reply 3
Its about 400. I runned out of ideas. Other than the length, overall how's the essay?
Reply 4
Original post by Jtn Star
I have written an LNAT essay. Feel free to read my essay and comment on my essay.

What is 'political correctness' and why does it matter?

Political correctness could may be defined as acting correctly from the perspective of politics. It is often associated with politicians and is especially important to them as it affects their image public perception?. Acting correctly from the perspective of politics might not mean that a person is acting correctly in the eyes of others. This is because everyone will perceive a political action in a different way. Some might think that it is correct while others may think that it is wrong. Last sentence is redundant, you said the same thing before

To begin with, I don't like this. political correctness is vital to politicians as the action of a politician reflects the image of a political party. A politician often tries his or her one's best to act correctly in front of the public because his or her one's actions will attract the negative? attention of others. For example, a politician might try to conceal his or her one's family affairs to maintain his or her one's public image which is vital to gain supports support, not supports from the public. In contrast, bad publicity could damage a politician’s image and might eventually affect his or her career as a politician.

Also, Don't like political correctness matters because everything and anything many issues, instead of everything and anything which involves politics should be fair and just in theory, but this is often impossible. You haven't expressed your point clearlyThe political correctness of a politician’s action will not only be judged by himself or herself but the public. Therefore, being a politician is not easy because different reactions of the public could out what? him or her under immense pressure. A politician must also act as fairly and justly as possible in many circumstances.

On the contrary, political correctness might not be so important because nothing in this world could be totally correct or wrong. It depends on individual judgements and perspectives. For instance, a politician might be criticised for helping certain communities more than others. However, other people might disagree and may think that the politician is acting correctly because he or she may be helping a community with greater needs.

In conclusion, political correctness is just a matter of judgement in reality. What matters is how the public perceive a political action. To have gauge? a clearer picture of political correctness, many aspects have to be looked at examined. Other than just black and white, there are many other grey areas to be looked at. cliche - with an accent but cba to copy and paste one

Comments in bold.

It's a 3/5
I read that and didn't feel I was told anything about what political correctness is. You talked a lot about politicians attempting to act so as to maintain support from a diverse electorate which may have differing views on certain issues etc, but this isn't the way in which the term "political correctness" is usually used. Avoid using a lot of words to say little -- it won't fool markers.

A piece of advice: decide how you are going to conclude at the start, and deal with each side of the argument accordingly. If you are dealing with an opposing argument, say something like "contrary to this line of argument, it may be argued that...", before dismissing the opposing argument with a coherent reason for the dismissal. Neutrally giving two sides of an argument with no critical analysis until the very end is not a good way to impress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending