Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Opinions on Hijabis smoking cigarettes/Shisha?

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I know, they also try it by saying oh but if its not allowed that means fast food isn't allowed and so on. Then their unwilling to listen, when there is a difference between food and shisha/smoking ¬¬
    Omg, it's like we know the same group of people. I've heard that excuse come up alot too lol.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    Hahaha, i honestly do thing that's what they do :/.
    My neighbour was caught with a girl in town and his parents had a very loud go at him .
    They were doing something part of there Citizenship course
    Ahaha, yeah they always assume the worst, even when it's innocent.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think hijabis are held to a standard that they don't want to be held to.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharaDesert)
    You're making the assumption that Muslim girls who wear headscarves are more religious than those who do not.
    This may be true, but its not an absolute.

I would be more surprised if I saw a Muslim girl wearing a headscarf who was making out with her boyfriend, than I would if I saw one smoking. Primarily because the hijabs main purpose is that of modesty - you'd expect that a woman wearing a garment of modesty would not do such immodest things. Its contradictory. But hijab is not supposed to protect you from smoking, that is not its purpose.
    I know that just because a girl wears hijab doesn't necessarily make her a good Muslim. Many of them wear it due to pressure from their family etc.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    they are probably being forced to wear the hijab OR they can do whatever they like it's their life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowdust)
    I know that just because a girl wears hijab doesn't necessarily make her a good Muslim. Many of them wear it due to pressure from their family etc.
    I don't know about "many".
    But yeah, there are some girls who are pressurized, unfortunately.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaharaDesert)
    I don't know about "many".
    But yeah, there are some girls who are pressurized, unfortunately.
    Yeah, that's why they should research the reasons why it should be worn etc, and wear it through choice.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I think hijabis are held to a standard that they don't want to be held to.

I think we do want to be held to that standard actually. (those of us who do it by choice, anyway) - If you don't want to do it, take It off, simple as that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyselfEtAl)
    I think we do want to be held to that standard actually. (those of us who do it by choice, anyway) - If you don't want to do it, take It off, simple as that.
    It's really not as simple as that tbh. Some girls are pressurised into wearing it, and probably don't want to go against their parents/family.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol take of the hijab just because you smoke? I don't know about you but the hijab is primarily for modesty, different girls/muslims have different beliefs/interpretations/standards. Maybe that's not your standard. I would be surprised if I saw a girl in a burka smoking or at a shisha bar, not a hijabi.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by style)
    lol take of the hijab just because you smoke? I don't know about you but the hijab is primarily for modesty, different girls/muslims have different beliefs/interpretations/standards. Maybe that's not your standard. I would be surprised if I saw a girl in a burka smoking or at a shisha bar, not a hijabi.
    Thats not what I meant at all! Different cultures and societies see smoking, (especially shisha) in different ways. To an arab or iranian hijabi it woukd be seen as next to normal, whereas with an indian/pakistani hijabi it would probably be frowned upon - What I was saying was that we like to uphold the "standard" which Delta said we dont like to be compared to etc.

EDIT: most of the shisha bars in London are full of hijabis!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're just people that need to be given Dawah like Non-Muslims do. Just because your Muslim doesn't mean you can't go astray, or shouldn't be called to enjoin good and abstain from wrongdoing.

Yeah, there's a difference in opinion to whether it's actually prohibited or disliked.
    Honestly speaking there isn't, the majority agree that it's haraam. I heard only a few indo/pak scholars for some strange reason are saying it's only makrooh, but this is a small minority.

"It is a universally accepted fact that smoking is injurious to the smoker and to his surroundings. Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “There is no causing harm to oneself and to other in Islam.” It is clear from the aforegoing that smoking is prohibited."

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...a00d036469a0fd
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What the title says basically. What is your immediate opinion if you see a hijabi girl smoking cigarettes or shisha? Would your opinions of them change? Do you think its worse than seeing a Muslim girl without hijab doing this, or a Muslim guy doing the same?

Note: this isn't a thread to start criticising hijabis who do this. I'm just simply wondering what people's thoughts are on this topic.
    I believe it is the decision of the religious person. I don't believe there should be strict rules, it is up to the person to decide on their morals, beliefs on what is right and wrong need to come from inside, not forced on people. Well thats my views, but I'm an atheist and I don't know much about religion so I'll shutup now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats not what I meant at all! Different cultures and societies see smoking, (especially shisha) in different ways. To an arab or iranian hijabi it woukd be seen as next to normal, whereas with an indian/pakistani hijabi it would probably be frowned upon - What I was saying was that we like to uphold the "standard" which Delta said we dont like to be compared to etc.

EDIT: most of the shisha bars in London are full of hijabis!
    Oh yep does have a lot to do with how different cultures perceive it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What the title says basically. What is your immediate opinion if you see a hijabi girl smoking cigarettes or shisha? Would your opinions of them change? Do you think its worse than seeing a Muslim girl without hijab doing this, or a Muslim guy doing the same?

Note: this isn't a thread to start criticising hijabis who do this. I'm just simply wondering what people's thoughts are on this topic.
    and you thought TSR, where one in four threads is about Islam by some BNP supporter is the best place to ask that question ?

People on the internet never give serious answers, trying asking your friends.

My own opinion, is if she is with another group of female friends, who am I judge.

But is shes dancing around with guys whilst wearing a hijab that represents so much, its disrespectful and rude
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangeclouds)
    I don't really care. I think I'd be a bit surprised, sheesha bars aren't exactly the most Islamic of places and there's debate over the legality of cigarettes, but I'd probably treat them the same way as any other smoker; first thought, normal person, second thought, ******* who's wasting the money of the NHS.
    Smokers put more money into the NHS than they take out. Have you seen the price of cigarettes these days?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's really not as simple as that tbh. Some girls are pressurised into wearing it, and probably don't want to go against their parents/family.
    But they'll go out and smoke?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think smoking Shisha is far worse than cigarettes anyway regardless of gender.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spaz Man)
    I think smoking Shisha is far worse than cigarettes anyway regardless of gender.
    why?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harreeeee)
    why?
    It is far more harmful than cigarettes, especially if used for a long period of time.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.