The Student Room Group

Need Serious Advice !

Hi guys , I am Rohan.First of all my academic profile:
10th grade I.C.S.E - 91.3%
12th grade C.B.S.E - 86.4% (was expecting >=90%)
SAT (2 Attempts same score ) - 1760 :eek:
SAT 2 P-760 M2-740 C-770
Toefl ibT - 105
EC's-very poor (never won any medal or something,no clubs to join,never did any job or social just normal school cricket,football,debates in 9th ,10th, acted in one school play , did volunteering on sport's day,teacher's day etc)

Some Personal info-
I wanted to do everything ended up doing nothing.I didn't perform well neither in school nor in IITJEE (I would have cracked it) and SATs.I want to pursue computer engineering from great U.K. or us university.As far as U.K. was concerned I didn't know about A levels.

Problem:
I a planning to drop this year and improve my performance in the aforementioned exams , however everybody is asking me to join any decent engineering college in India.I would really like to drop but will I be able to get into good U.K. or us universities(London,imperial,king's or any other great one) in spite of my poor Ec and 12th marks(selection is highly competitive and they require 90%).I will do anything if I have any fair chance.

Thank you for reading this and giving your time guys.I am really relying on you because there is no one else to to advice me on this topic.This decison can make me or break me.Thanks!:colondollar:
People in the UK won't be able to tell you how likely you are to get into UK universities with those grades - we're not familiar with the Indian education system, and those grades mean nothing to us - we can't tell if they're good, bad or average.

To try and work out if you would have any hope of getting into a UK university, you should have a look on the websites of individual universities that you think you might be interested in. If the Indian entrance requirements aren't stated on there, then email the admissions tutor for that course.

If all else fails, don't forget that the UCAS application fee is only £23. If you apply and don't get in, then you haven't really lost anything compared to if you just decided to go to an Indian university.

UK universities are not particularly interested in extra curricular activities (although US universities are). However, it would do your application good if you could do some work experience that is relevant to your course.

And don't forget that you will need to decide what sort of engineering you need to study before you apply. Examples include civil, mechanical and electronic.
Reply 2
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending