Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, are you that fussed about abs?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Obvs personality counts for more than looks etc etc

But do you care if a guy has a six pack or not? Do you find it more or less attractive than a muscular guy who isn't ripped? (only talking about fairly muscular guys here)

So basically, this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greg_plitt_interview_c.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	154638

or this:

Name:	daniel_craig1.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	154639

Ignore faces.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im actually not at all attracted to six packs, i much prefer daniel craig type bodies - nice big shoulders and arms but not too much

(Original post by MC armani)

But do you care if a guy has a six pack or not? Do you find it more or less attractive than a muscular guy who isn't ripped? (only talking about fairly muscular guys here)

So basically, this:

or this:

Ignore faces.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't find men with six pacs any more attractive than men without tbh!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC armani)

So basically, this:

or this:

Ignore faces.
    I know what response your after and this is not the best forum to get it. Just keep lifting and ignore these skinnyfat wenches.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i prefer abs.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like six packs at all, but thats my personal preference, so out of the two choices there, I'd say Daniel Craig has a better stomach than the six pack guy.

I'm not really fussed about abs at all, I tend to like the less muscular guys.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    2nd picture the first ones too much
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Much prefer the 2nd pic! Nicely toned is much more attractive than a full-on six pack.

Plus, the guy in the 1st pic doesn't have enough body hair.

That said, I am not that fussy in actual life, and it's much more important that I like the guy's personality. I know it's cliché but I wouldn't go for someone good-looking who was a complete arse.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you the trend you'll find: younger women may, if they like anything associated with a body in good shape, prefer abs, but will be quite put off by men who are muscular, regardless of how lean they are. Older women (and I don't mean properly old, I just mean adult - anything beyond about 21) are unlikely to have much of a preference for abs, but will be much more interested in men with a more noticeable amount of muscle on them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's good to look at lets not lie about that but there are more things women are fussy about than abs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really don't care about abs. Visible abs have NO effect on me at all. What matters is an attractive face and general good shape (and obviously his personality is about 70% of it).
    I'm 21 btw. All the women I know who have options with men (most of them older than me) feel the same way.
    The guys I know who have the most success with women, do in fact not have toned abs, nor do they have bulging muscles. They have what I'd call 'normal bodies'.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconcernedparent)
    I really don't care about abs. Visible abs have NO effect on me at all. What matters is an attractive face and general good shape (and obviously his personality is about 70% of it).
    I'm 21 btw. All the women I know who have options with men (most of them older than me) feel the same way.
    The guys I know who have the most success with women, do in fact not have toned abs, nor do they have bulging muscles. They have what I'd call 'normal bodies'.
    Unrelated to the thread, but I think your sig just solved 80% of the Relationships forum.

Also is it weird I kind of fancy Emma Thompson? She's like a million years old.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconcernedparent)
    This reminds me of those bitter males who try and claim that most beautiful women are shallow and posses no personality or intellect whatsoever.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find muscular men unattractive. Its really not my thing. I choose a nicely shaped man with no abs or bulging arms than someone whoes massivd.
    I prefer someone whos tall and slim with a little bit of body hair.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Abs freak me out a bit if I'm honest haha, they just don't look natural...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cue the abs hating.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the first, but even then not really cuz he's too muscly XD
    I'm fine with athletic and toned, but i prefer slender... The first guy seems too ripped and the second is too big =/
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like abs but it's not a must! Dainel Craig all the way! I don't like people with too much! ;P
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stripe)
    It's good to look at lets not lie about that but there are more things women are fussy about than abs.
    Would you go for a guy whos nickname was ****-cock, ****e-chat?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like abs but they're that important. As long as your body doesn't resemble a 12 year old's, it's fine.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 11, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.