The Student Room Group

Places cheaper than primark

Scroll to see replies

only really sales
H&M sales are always goood
dorothy perkins jewellery sales are dirt cheap :| £1 or £2 each loves it though i now never buy anything not in the sale as it will be reduced in one store and full price in another... example... bought a hair band in sheffield dp £1 in leeds dp it was £15 still :|! shocking
x
Original post by likeli3000
Are there any high street shops or online shops which sell clothes cheaper than primark?

Your from manchester?

The only places i can really think of is second hand stores there's a big one near the city center haven't a clue what the roads called sorry i have seen it a few times driving past. Other than that i can only recommend places like ebay.
Original post by aarora
Why do u want to know places cheaper than primark? Is it not already cheap enough?

Obviously not or they wouldn't have asked the question. Plus Primark is getting pretty pricey nowadays (for the quality of the goods)
forever 21 is really cheep as well as tesco, asda, H&m & bravesoul
Reply 24
Original post by ALazyThracian
Your from manchester?

The only places i can really think of is second hand stores there's a big one near the city center haven't a clue what the roads called sorry i have seen it a few times driving past. Other than that i can only recommend places like ebay.

Somewhat vague, no?

There's quite a few charity shops/vintage stores around Manchester city centre, most of which are pretty over-priced.

I would love to know of reasonable priced charity shops in the Manchester city centre area.
Original post by OnlyMe!
Somewhat vague, no?

There's quite a few charity shops/vintage stores around Manchester city centre, most of which are pretty over-priced.

I would love to know of reasonable priced charity shops in the Manchester city centre area.

Sorry i really can't remember the name like i said i looked at it going past, its on the same road as afflecks palace if you know where that is?
* Other cheap-clothing shops - such as George in Asda. The industry really is competitive.

* Pound shops - some cheap acessories and things such as crap boxer shorts

* Charity shops - some charity shops mainly in stylish/hipster areas and town centres have pretty high prices (obviously trying to get the middle-class hipster pound). Some charity shops also tend to put up the price of some clothing labels. Especially labels from M&S as Pensioners and middle aged people really are mad about M&S tat.

* Ebay - lots of bargains to be had. Be careful of fakes and scammers

* Gumtree - again be careful

* Taking unwanted clothes away from friends - your mates got a box of unwanted clothes they really want to get rid of? Take it off them!!

* Car boot sales - Good when you get lucky, but can get incredibly competitve and get full of annoying people who will just grab anything. Everyone and everybodys dog watch daytime TV crap about finding gems on car boots. Some people will also request amounts which are totally unrealistic (you'll most likely be paying for a piece of crap)

* Sales - especially in shops such as Matalan, TK Maxx, H&M and also check out the small guys. Small independent shops who design their own T-shirts for example might sell fashionable, unique clothes for half the price you'd pay in e.g. Topshop/Topman. January Sales and big advertised sales really are overrated imo.

* Shopping directly with the manufacturer - some manufacturers at times will slash prices to insane amounts in order to get rid of stock from last season or stuff which is clogging up the warehouse. These at times might not be advertised so i'd visit places online often

Original post by OnlyMe!
Somewhat vague, no?

Manchester sucks for charity shops. Especially in the student areas, Chorlton and in the city centre. Overpriced places that aim to attract the middle-class trendy oxfam shopping hipster crowd.

I think you are referring to Oldham Street and the Northern Quarter area. Cool shops but if you don't know your onions then there is a good chance you could get ripped off. You have better chances going out of the city centre and going to places such as Bolton, Wigan, Oldham and Ashton. As a rule the smaller local charities are usually worth checking more than the big ones such as Oxfam, British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research.

There really isn't any rules as to how much is too much. Here are my limits:

Nice jacket (lots of M&S ones around) - up to £5-6
T-Shirts - up to £3-£4
Jeans - up to £5
Vinyl - up to £3.00 (depending on the artist and whether I want it)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Only high street store I can think of is Matalan, not cheaper for everything but similar prices these days and certain things are cheaper. Other than that the only places I can think of are charity shops and supermarkets (George of ASDA etc :tongue:)
Reply 28
Bravesoul and h&m sales can be cheaper
Reply 29
forever 21 is very cheap and h&m can be quite cheap in the sales.
Reply 30
Original post by mkhan9035
Does a place cheaper than Primark exist? :O

yes me
on ebay
Charity shops, poundland, amazon, ebay.
Original post by mkhan9035
Does a place cheaper than Primark exist? :O

yes me
on ebay

Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
only really sales
H&M sales are always goood
dorothy perkins jewellery sales are dirt cheap :| £1 or £2 each loves it though i now never buy anything not in the sale as it will be reduced in one store and full price in another... example... bought a hair band in sheffield dp £1 in leeds dp it was £15 still :|! shocking
x
You could always try matalan.
Original post by likeli3000
Are there any high street shops or online shops which sell clothes cheaper than primark?

Aldi...
Primark is good for the price, if ur really tight for money check the clearance bits, I got a nice shirt for a pound.
You just need a good eye, shein is a good website for cheaper clothes and accessories but you really don't get better than Primark.
Just watch out for sales :smile:
I dont think there can be any other shops on the high street, cheaper than Primark, that I can think of.
Reply 38
the bin outside of primark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending