Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gamer Girlfriends

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Ok, do any TSRians want to get together for some CoD fun on PS3?

There's just too many of us on the same platform to let this opportunity pass up - though I am a guy (but I'm so bad at shooters)
    ME! BO?
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plums&Peaches)
    ME! BO?
    YES.

Have a shotgun class purely reserved for Nuketown TDM
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    YES.

Have a shotgun class purely reserved for Nuketown TDM
    M60 ftw We shall see. PM me your PSN
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rali)
    Practice his favourite game until you're amazing at it. Challenge him. When you beat him, he'll never play again
    If a girl could pwn me at shooters (esp CS 1.6/Battlefield 2) I think I'd have to have her committed

(Original post by such_a_lady)
    My boyfriend isn't into WoW but xBox crap like Battlefield 3. Like....why?! .. Oh and then he forgets we're supposed to be talking because he's busy shooting people
    I'll be honest, your bf sounds like a ledge..

Also, to you, and all the other girls whining here: see Fosters advert where gf calls up the guys for a rant about her bf for ref.. kakakak! :laugh:

(Original post by StarBunny)
    It seems like millions of guys are totally into those games, because they seem get a real kick out of shooting someone in the face, teabagging them, all whilst yelling out obscenities and bragging about how much better they are, or getting genuinely angry at people online because they're 'letting their LoL team down', or whatever... but from my point of view, it can come across as a little... well, testosterone-fuelled. ^.^;
    Jesus Christ, thank **** I'm not a gamer anymore, you just single-handedly pwned 99% of FPS gamers out there :cool:

Not all of them are out for the n00b-lulz tho, some digital warrior douches believe in a purer brand of pwn.. pwnage verging on artistic.. e.g.

(Original post by Miss Trololol)
    Me and my boyfriend play BF3 together more than anything else. We rage together, win together and lose together though I always manage to get more points than him because I'm an Assault Class whore
    I need to avoid ever getting a gf like this.. what little of my social life that there is will bite the dust rather quickly otherwise

(been cold turkey on BF2 for a year and thus far avoided the temptation to purchase BF3)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    If a girl could pwn me at shooters (esp CS 1.6/Battlefield 2) I think I'd have to have her committed
    My boyfriend suffered this unfortunately for him :lol:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I'm actually more of a gamer than my boyfriend, I pwn him at Call of Duty but when he plays, he completely zones out and everything in the world, including me, disappears, whereas I can multi-task and still come out top in a Team Deathmatch at the same time as talking to him, something I pride myself on
    It's a guy thing, the most trivial train of thought can stop me listening to an important conversation
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
    It's a guy thing, the most trivial train of thought can stop me listening to an important conversation
    It's true, if my boyfriend and I play together, I will be talking for ages while he doesn't say anything Then if I yell the response is 'Huh? Sorry babe I was focusing on the match' :lol:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You think you have it bad... my boyfriend's addicted to tetris. I don't know what I'm going to do. He's determined to get to be one of the best players in the world- but he just can't beat all the genii from Japan. He's currently ranked about 600th, and he doesn't spend any time with me because he's so determined to get a higher ranking!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend plays more games on the computer than on consoles. He doesn't really ignore me because of them though, maybe the odd slow reply over text but he hardly ever plays when we're together. He was trying to get me to play Star Wars: The Old Republic, but I'm not very good playing on a computer so I gave up.

Console wise; I have a PS3 an he has an Xbox, this causes a fair few arguments about which one's better (which I usually win :teehee:). He's not a COD fan though and neither am I. I think it's good that we both play games, he's always recommending me good new ones, which I desperately need at the minute as I'm on an AC withdrawal after finally finishing Revelations.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBunny)

It seems like millions of guys are totally into those games, because they seem get a real kick out of shooting someone in the face, teabagging them, all whilst yelling out obscenities and bragging about how much better they are, or getting genuinely angry at people online because they're 'letting their LoL team down', or whatever... but from my point of view, it can come across as a little... well, testosterone-fuelled. ^.^;
    )
    Is this the wrong time to say that I do this on a daily basis?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is this the wrong time to say that I do this on a daily basis?
    We all know that a good kill can't not be celebrated by teabagging

:lol:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

I need to avoid ever getting a gf like this.. what little of my social life that there is will bite the dust rather quickly otherwise

(been cold turkey on BF2 for a year and thus far avoided the temptation to purchase BF3)
    Social life? What's that again?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    We all know that a good kill can't not be celebrated by teabagging

:lol:

Exactly! Especially if the victim has been doing something really annoying for the entire match, like quite clearly spawn killing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! Especially if the victim has been doing something really annoying for the entire match, like quite clearly spawn killing.
    Also when he's been camping and you just run in and pwn his ass and make him watch the beautiful shot :') :lol:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I told some male friends that I'd completed Modern Warfare 2, Halo and Fable 2. The look on their faces was priceless
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyg2)
    You think you have it bad... my boyfriend's addicted to tetris. I don't know what I'm going to do. He's determined to get to be one of the best players in the world- but he just can't beat all the genii from Japan. He's currently ranked about 600th, and he doesn't spend any time with me because he's so determined to get a higher ranking!
    Please God let this be a joke

Social life? What's that again?
    It's the option before you get into the main menu screen :borat:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting this to be a thread about girlfriends who are gamers.

I am disappoint :sad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    I was expecting this to be a thread about girlfriends who are gamers.

I am disappoint :sad:
    It's turned into that though, don't fret :banana::awesome:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's turned into that though, don't fret :banana::awesome:
    :awesome:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love it when my boyfriend plays games. When he's playing LoL or Starcraft or something, he texts me at the same time, so it never really takes away from his time talking to me. And a lot of the time I'm at his house, he plays on the xbox, just because I love watching him play it. I think it's adorable and hilarious how into the game he gets. Sorry, no rage on my part

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 30, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.