Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never been kissed, dating atm

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014

I've recently started dating. I've been asked out before but have always said no as I haven't been comfortable. However, a guy from my course who I've also grown fond of asked me out. He's tried holding my hand and even that's been really difficult. I have a assault history.

I've never kissed a guy before and I'm not sure whether I should tell him or not (that I've never kissed someone not assault). What shall I do? I really want to move on with my life.

bump
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no dont tell him, everyone has to start from somewhere so its fine.
    Just be comfortable in whatever you do
    and when it comes down to the business in the bedroom, remember to f**k his brains out.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would probably hold off going into too much detail on the first couple of dates because it's likely to make him feel REALLY awkward and worried that he's going to hurt you.

Just make him aware that you're pretty inexperienced without making too big a thing of it and make it clear that you want to take things slowly (assuming that you do), build up your confidence and make sure you feel comfortable with what you're doing.

If you're close and he seems like the right sort of guy then I definitely think you should talk to him about what's happened in the past at some point because if you're going to be serious then it's better that he finds out from you and when you're in the mood to talk about it than it is that he find out during a fight or something, but I would wait until you're comfortable with each other.

Hope it works out for you, for what it's worth I think it takes a lot of guts to try to start a relationship with someone when your only past experience is so horrific
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That might not be a bad thing. This is a blog about a guy who was in your boat.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If its just kissing, don't tell him, I didn't have my first kiss till I was 16 and was worried about whether it would go wrong but if you like him it just feels natural and you know what to do, and he didnt seem to notice

Buttt... if you are thinking of going further I would warn him that you were unexperienced

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 8, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.