The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StitchMad
Erm, I think I meet three aswell, but providing you've met two then you qualify! Just need to hope for some offers now! :biggrin:

Yeah suppose so! But there will be lots of people who meet 5/6 etc! :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
I've sent my UCAS form off, can I still apply for Access?
Reply 22
Original post by jamie_jca
I've sent my UCAS form off, can I still apply for Access?

Yes, you're supposed to send your UCAS form off first anyway! :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 23
Original post by *QueenBeee
I sent my A2L form off on 24th October....it's been two weeks - should I have heard something by now?? How long does it normally take??? Any super replies will receive rep!! :-)

Yeah I sent off my access scheme application on the 14th october, only got a letter today on the 10 november stating I'm eligible for the scheme ad the relevant info ring passed onto the department. So like a little less than a month for me?
Reply 24
Original post by faithxfaye
Yeah I sent off my access scheme application on the 14th october, only got a letter today on the 10 november stating I'm eligible for the scheme ad the relevant info ring passed onto the department. So like a little less than a month for me?

how many of the criteria did you meet? I'm thinking of applying for it.
Reply 25
Original post by JakeE10
how many of the criteria did you meet? I'm thinking of applying for it.

About 2 :tongue:
Reply 26
About 2 :tongue:

I meet 2 aswel! lol still gonna apply I think, may aswel :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by JakeE10
I meet 2 aswel! lol still gonna apply I think, may aswel :tongue:

Yeah defo try, what do you meet in the criteria?
Reply 28
Yeah defo try, what do you meet in the criteria?

First to go to uni and live in an area with low progression into higher education. i'm not sure if i meet the income one, i don't think i do though. So that's 2 for definite! That's all though, lol. you? :smile:
Reply 29
The progression to higher education was a ****ing piss take, I missed out on that by like 4%...

Guys make sure you phone the Uni if you qaulify for that one cos according to the gov website I did... According to Leeds I didn't
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by 0range
The progression to higher education was a ****ing piss take, I missed out on that by like 4%...

Guys make sure you phone the Uni if you qaulify for that one cos according to the gov website I did... According to Leeds I didn't

i emailed them and gave my postcode and they said i qualify so i should be ok :smile:
Reply 31
Letter came today..eligible for A2L!
Reply 32
Original post by *QueenBeee
Letter came today..eligible for A2L!

cool! :smile: how many of the 7 criteria do you meet? i only meet 2 and i'm worried that i wont have much of a chance :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Original post by JakeE10
cool! :smile: how many of the 7 criteria do you meet? i only meet 2 and i'm worried that i wont have much of a chance :rolleyes:

I only met 2! dont worry, if you are bang on the criteria they have no reason to reject you :smile:.
Reply 34
What type of things have to go in the personal statement on the form? Planning on doing the form this weekend.

Do I have to wait for an offer/rejection first btw?
Reply 35
What type of things have to go in the personal statement on the form? Planning on doing the form this weekend.

Do I have to wait for an offer/rejection first btw?

Nope, you can send it off as soon as you've sent your UCAS application.

In the personal statement section, I just wrote a brief overview of my UCAS personal statement. Start by saying which criteria you meet and link it to how you may have progressed in the past few years.

For example if you recieve EMA, write something about how it allowed you to improve your education (for revision books, etc) and therefore achieve at a high level. If you went to a low achieving school, say how you put the extra effort in to ensure you get the best grades possible. Link it all to how Leeds is therefore a good choice as it has a fantastic reputation, good employability, etc.

Then just finish by talking about some personal interests and work experience. For example, I mentioned the fact that I've visited three newspapers and that I'd love to contribute to the Leeds Student newspaper if I was accepted.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 36

In the personal statement section, I just wrote a brief overview of my UCAS personal statement. Start by saying which criteria you meet and link it to how you may have progressed in the past few years.

For example if you recieve EMA, write something about how it allowed you to improve your education (for revision books, etc) and therefore achieve at a high level. If you went to a low achieving school, say how you put the extra effort in to ensure you get the best grades possible. Link it all to how Leeds is therefore a good choice as it has a fantastic reputation, good employability, etc.

Then just finish by talking about some personal interests and work experience. For example, I mentioned the fact that I've visited three newspapers and that I'd love to contribute to the Leeds Student newspaper if I was accepted.

lol yh I did this :] didn't include the EMA thing though cos like it's pretty standard for everyone and not much to say about it.
Reply 37

How much do you recommend I write?
Reply 38
How much do you recommend I write?

This is a good question because I wasn't too sure myself. I have quite small handwriting, and I filled the box and filled about three quarters of an additional A4 page. I think it just depends on how much you have to say about yourself - just give a brief overview of which criteria you meet, why you want to study at Leeds, and then perhaps a little bit about your experience! :smile:

Good luck.
Reply 39
Another stupid question, but do you handwrite it or fill it out on the word document the form's on? Does it matter?