The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jamie_jca
Another stupid question, but do you handwrite it or fill it out on the word document the form's on? Does it matter?

I hand-wrote it all! :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
Original post by jamie_jca
Another stupid question, but do you handwrite it or fill it out on the word document the form's on? Does it matter?

I did it on Word cause I have pretty **** handwriting
Reply 42
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/2660/leeds_to_give_9_000_support_for_underprivileged_students

This article may be of interest to some people! The article states that following an A2L offer (and upon achieving at least ABB), students will be elegible for enhanced financial support.
I've just sent off an email asking if I'm eligible to apply for A2L or not, as I don't have a clue. How long or severe does a long-term illness have to be to count? If not, I thiiink I meet 3 other criteria anyway, but just in case!~
Reply 44
I have had a letter saying I am eligible for A2L over a week ago but no offer, has anyone on A2L had offers yet and how long did they wait.
Reply 45
Original post by EC307
I have had a letter saying I am eligible for A2L over a week ago but no offer, has anyone on A2L had offers yet and how long did they wait.

Just wondering but when did you send your form off?
Reply 46
How do I include the UCAS application with the A2L application when I send it off?
Reply 47
Original post by sallylo
How do I include the UCAS application with the A2L application when I send it off?

Print it?
Reply 48
I already hold an offer From University of Leeds but I have since realised that I'm eligible for A2L (Access to Leeds scheme). Am I allowed to apply for it after being given an offer?

Thanks if you can help
Reply 49
Firstly Gratz on the offer and well done :smile:
I think you are allowed but just try n make sure you get it in as early as possible.
Reply 50
I'm currently filling the application form out and I'm stuck on section 4. It says ''Please provide details of the eligibility criteria you meet and why you would like to study at the university of Leeds''. Really don't know what to write about in this section. Has anybody previously applied for the scheme, and if so, do you want to help me?!

I meet two of the criteria but i can't really say how they've affected my studies if i'm honest! :rolleyes:
hey..i've completed mine a couple of weeks ago and sent it off with my ucas application..section 5 is where you tick the criterias that apply to you..in section 4 you explain how you fit them..
for example this is what i wrote for that section:

I meet four of the eligible criteria. During my studies I receive EMA which is £20 per week. I attended a school which achieved less than the national average as they received 41%. I am also the first generation to apply for higher education as my parents did not attend university.Furthermore I live in a geographical area with low levels of progression onto higher education as I found my post code on the Wakefield area of eligible post codes, which is WF13 3QW.

so basically your just explaing how you fit the criteria..and also write why you want to go leeds e.g. i want to go here because it is an excellent University where students obtain great results...

hope it helped and good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 52
I sent my application off early November and am not expecting a reply from Leeds just yet but has anyone had a normal offer as well as an Access to Leeds offer? I'm just wondering what format they come in, do you receive a normal offer first and then a letter saying you're eligible for the A2L scheme or something? Just wondering what to expect really.
Reply 53
I first received confirmation saying that I'd been accepted to A2L and that I'd hear from the individual department admission tutor at a later date.

A couple of weeks later, both my standard and A2L offer came through at the same time. I was given the standard offer of AAB and then the alternative offer for BBB for A2L.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 54
Hey,

I sent off my application for Access to Leeds two weeks ago and i was just wondering when and how we hear back from them?
Also, if they accept you onto the scheme what happens next?
I know that we have to do two essays but i've heard people saying that you have to do these at the university itself and i was wondering if this was true?
I'm starting to stress a little haha

Thanks!
Reply 55
I think the standard procedure is the university will send you a letter saying that you've been accepted onto the scheme. From looking at the (few) people who've had offers from A2L so far, this usually happens about a month after sending off your application. I don't think you have to go to the university and would be very surprised if you did, but they plan these essays so as little disruption is caused to your A Level studies as possible.
Reply 56
Okay, thank you!
Reply 57
Original post by Studentt05
Okay, thank you!

When I got accepted they sent me an email
Reply 58
Original post by POWW!
When I got accepted they sent me an email

How long after UCAS sent your application did you have to wait for the email? Getting fairly nervous now...
Reply 59
Original post by Apa
How long after UCAS sent your application did you have to wait for the email? Getting fairly nervous now...

I've kinda forgotten the exact dates but I think I sent UCAS on the 10th of nov I got an offer on the 19th (standard offer) then I got the email from A2L on the 30th
I still haven't gotten the A2L offer yet all the email said was that I was eligible and my app was sent to the department it also showed what I had to do to be eligible for the new A2l offer (if i get it)

Latest