The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by POWW!
You know the additional information that your parents are suppose to fill in, how long is yours? I typed my dads one up and it only comes up to four lines :s I don't know if that's enough >.<

Mine is about 4 lines too, but that is because my dad doesn't speak english so I had to translate and scribe for him so it was very limited. But I'm extremely happy with my tutor reference and my own statement so hopefully that'll make up for it.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 161
Original post by ReignofRain
Mine is about 4 lines too, but that is because my dad doesn't speak english so I had to translate and scribe for him so it was very limited. But I'm extremely happy with my tutor reference and my own statement so hopefully that'll make up for it.

Fingers crossed! :smile:
Got a Maths offer from Leeds with the A2L offer included, however im worried about these assignment things, will they be tricky or are they straight forward?
Reply 163
Original post by ReignofRain

Did you use parts of your personal statement? In your statement?
Reply 164
Can you apply for the scholarship if you want to study Medicine? Thanks
Reply 165
Okay so I did UCAS and the A2L forms and all that a while ago, before the deadlines and such. However I have been reading a lot about people getting replies and offers very quickly. I have an interview on Wednesday this week, am I right in thinking I won't get either the normal Leeds offer, or the A2L offer until after that? If so, how long after should it be?

Also, I got an email about scholarships, and it involves parts that need to be filled in by a parent, and also by a school representative. How long do their statements need to be, and what kind of things do they need to put in them? Its related to illness, but it feels like there isn't much more they can say about it, other than its affected my attendance and that I'm still doing well despite that.

Thank you! :smile:

P.S. If anyone reading this is off to study Chemistry starting in September, or has an interview this Wednesday, message me on here, would be good to chat to someone else who will be around! ^_^
Hey, I applied for Leeds Uni and the A2L scheme and I still haven't heard from A2L even though Leeds made me a conditional offer in November..

Anyone else still waiting to hear from A2L? Im starting to worry...
Reply 167
There's a thread about A2L under the university of Leeds forum. Yh I had got my offer about a month before my A2L offer and I only got mine about a week ago. Maybe phone them?
Reply 168
Basically you won't get the A2L offer until you get the normal offer, although you can get a normal offer before the A2L offer but it's likely you'll get it at the same time.

The scholarship form I've had trouble with as well, my dads statement is like 100 words where as mine is like 399 words :| my school haven't even filled in their section yet, IT HAS TO REACH LEEDS BY FRIDAY! I'm so screwed :|
Reply 169
My school is also taking forever filling it in :frown: Im finding the woman who is writing it tomorrow morning, and telling her it NEEDS to be done by the time I finish school that day :frown: I wouldnt mind, if she hadnt said she'd have it done a week ago :frown:
Reply 170
Original post by karlwidu
My school is also taking forever filling it in :frown: Im finding the woman who is writing it tomorrow morning, and telling her it NEEDS to be done by the time I finish school that day :frown: I wouldnt mind, if she hadnt said she'd have it done a week ago :frown:

I'm gonna do the same 2moro but tbf I only gave it to them on Wednesday :frown: I'm sending it for next day delivery but not I'm afraid the ice/snow might delay it :frown: when are you aiming to send yours?
Reply 171
Well if she gives me mine tomorrow, then I'll head straight off to the post office and send it then, should be fine I think :smile:
Reply 172
Turns out my tutor forgot about it -.- Hope you get yours sent though!
Original post by StitchMad

Original post by StitchMad
You should apply through Access to Leeds after you've sent your UCAS application off. Remember you must apply to Leeds as one of your five choices and this will then appear as a sixth option on your UCAS. Keep in mind that to take advantage of the reduced requirements through A2L, you must make Leeds your firm choice and successfully complete two assessed pieces of work. Obviously, the scheme doesn't guarantee you an offer in the first place either.

You can download the application form here.
Most of the information you need to know is on the PDF here: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ace/downloads/Access_to_Leeds_leaflet.pdf

I've sent both of them off now and eagerly waiting some replies!

Thank you very much for the link! I just want to ask, what are the two assesments that a student is required to undertake? Thank you! :smile:
Reply 174
Original post by coOkiiee
Can you apply for the scholarship if you want to study Medicine? Thanks

"Medicine and dentistry students
You will receive help from the University for the first four years of your course: after that, you will receive support instead from the NHS student bursary scheme."

Original post by Africananimal
Thank you very much for the link! I just want to ask, what are the two assesments that a student is required to undertake? Thank you! :smile:

I guess you'll find out but one is subject based and the other is more general.
Can anyone help me on the scholarship form....the mini statment im finding tough i dont want to copy my p.s what main points should i cover...?:smile:
Reply 176
Original post by POWW!
"Medicine and dentistry students
You will receive help from the University for the first four years of your course: after that, you will receive support instead from the NHS student bursary scheme."

okay thanks :biggrin: .. yeah there is a link with all the eligible subjects and Medicine wasn't on there.
Reply 177
Original post by einstein123
Can anyone help me on the scholarship form....the mini statment im finding tough i dont want to copy my p.s what main points should i cover...?:smile:

Thank god I'm not the only one who hasn't sent the form yet, my tutor is taking forever with it...
For my statement bit I actually made 2 drafts One which was 2/3 from my Personal statement and one which was 1/3 from my Personal statement. My personal statement was amazing, so the one which is heavily filled with content from my Personal statement just sounds so much better :l I'm going to email the Uni abt it but I think i'm gonna just go for the one which sounds better
Original post by POWW!

Original post by POWW!
Thank god I'm not the only one who hasn't sent the form yet, my tutor is taking forever with it...
For my statement bit I actually made 2 drafts One which was 2/3 from my Personal statement and one which was 1/3 from my Personal statement. My personal statement was amazing, so the one which is heavily filled with content from my Personal statement just sounds so much better :l I'm going to email the Uni abt it but I think i'm gonna just go for the one which sounds better

Yeah i was gonna copy bits of my personal statement but then i didnt im in the process of writing it now, everything else is complete apart from the parent additional info section what do i write about in that section!?
Reply 179
Original post by einstein123
Yeah i was gonna copy bits of my personal statement but then i didnt im in the process of writing it now, everything else is complete apart from the parent additional info section what do i write about in that section!?

That parts different for everyone but it's usually about illness and stuff thats occurred

Latest