The Student Room Group

Adv higher chemistry 12/13

Just wondering who took it up and how they are finding it!
I personally am finding it okay to being with but basically because it's just all higher physics atm.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Aishah123
Just wondering who took it up and how they are finding it!
I personally am finding it okay to being with but basically because it's just all higher physics atm.

I've had one lesson on it which I have spent 10 minutes actually doing chemistry and all we spoke about was an atom so I can't comment at the moment :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by OpenArms
I've had one lesson on it which I have spent 10 minutes actually doing chemistry and all we spoke about was an atom so I can't comment at the moment :tongue:

Did you do physics? :smile:

Reply 3
I'm finding it a bit challenging atm as I haven't dont higher physics but I'm taking it this year so i'll catch up when I understand the physics bit of it
Reply 4
Did you do physics? :smile:

I did higher physics yeah, I have been looking at the content statements and it all looks very familiar. Thank **** cause I'm not in school all of next week.
Oh Hi! We haven't started yet, starting next week. I can't wait!! but I have 4 periods of Science in a row on Monday :O That one's new to me xD
Reply 6
I know what you mean about it just being physics, but I'm the only one in a class of 8 with no physics knowledge, im finding it quite difficult

Does anyone have any online notes I could look at just now, before I start? I really wanna have a look at how much Physics your saying is in this (I forgot all of S-Grade)
Reply 8
Original post by TheFOMaster
Does anyone have any online notes I could look at just now, before I start? I really wanna have a look at how much Physics your saying is in this (I forgot all of S-Grade)

It's not really s grade physics more higher physics!

It's not really s grade physics more higher physics!

Even worse cause I'm doing that this year :O
Reply 10
Original post by TheFOMaster
Even worse cause I'm doing that this year :O

Think about it this way, when you do it physics it will be eaiser as you will have already covered it in chemistry! :smile:
Reply 11
Anyone know where I can find online notes for this course ? I've still not got started yet and I want to see whats in the course and how much physics comes into it :biggrin:
Original post by CraigFrew
Anyone know where I can find online notes for this course ? I've still not got started yet and I want to see whats in the course and how much physics comes into it :biggrin:

http://www.bearsdenacademy.e-dunbarton.sch.uk/page_viewer.asp?page=Advanced+Higher+Chemistry&pid=1088

They've got the learning outcomes on there, not exactly notes but it'll give you a good idea of what's in it :P

I'm starting the course on Monday, super excited! Absolutely love Chemistry and the class is awesome; hopefully a fun year ahead :biggrin:
Are you guys all starting with unit 1? Advanced Chemistry is a very good subject imo, just consolidate throughout the year and start your projects asap! Really guys start your projects early as you will find the deadline creeps up very fast!

Reply 14
Original post by Marcus4004
Are you guys all starting with unit 1? Advanced Chemistry is a very good subject imo, just consolidate throughout the year and start your projects asap! Really guys start your projects early as you will find the deadline creeps up very fast!

See for projects do you mean investigations cos my teacher said we are doing them in feb
See for projects do you mean investigations cos my teacher said we are doing them in feb

Yes, I am guessing she means starting them in Feb?

WOO We Started! WOO Electromagnetic Spectrum!
Reply 17
I went back to school today and had one period of Chemistry today! In which we spent most of it trying to work out who was meant to be there, who wasn't, and being introduced to the course. However we did discuss why Irn Bru is orange :rolleyes:

Edit: why the neg? our school had major timetable mess ups so everyone was in the wrong classes, plus the irn bru speculation is supposedly linked to the course
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Actual started proper chemistry (the physics all ended).....so confused :s

Actual started proper chemistry (the physics all ended).....so confused :s

we're doing orbitals now, that's out of the physics zone, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending