The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcell higher paper grading.

Quick question, does anyone know what is required in terms of marks for each grade?

eg. 150/200 for A*

If so could you give me a rundown from C to A*, even if you don't know completely could I get a ballpark estimate? thanks!
Reply 1
bamp
Reply 2
Original post by aarosakura
Quick question, does anyone know what is required in terms of marks for each grade?

eg. 150/200 for A*

If so could you give me a rundown from C to A*, even if you don't know completely could I get a ballpark estimate? thanks!

Nobody knows

Grade boundaries are not set until after the exams are marked and the results are analysed.

Previous boundaries are here
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx
Reply 3
It's a new spec so chances are it may be slightly lower than previous ones.

Around 160/200 - A*
124/200 - A
90/200 - B
60/200 - C

When you think about it the boundaries are quite low. If you do the 1st half of the paper without dropping many marks that's already a B!
Reply 4
Original post by rmpr97
It's a new spec so chances are it may be slightly lower than previous ones.

Around 160/200 - A*
124/200 - A
90/200 - B
60/200 - C

When you think about it the boundaries are quite low. If you do the 1st half of the paper without dropping many marks that's already a B!

Ok, the mark boundaries are a bit higher than the old spec. If you look in terms of UMS, you need 360/400 to get A*, you dont need 180 marks out of 200, but there is a different formula to work out the UMS every time, so aim for about 170/200. You need 320 for an A in UMS, about 150 out of 200, e.t.c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending