Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2: Anyone else really dreading next week?

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 of my exams next week.
    Monday - English language
    Wednesday - Sociology
    Thursday - Health and social care

Then Sociology again the following Tuesday.

Starting to worry now, don't feel like I know enough to get AAB for uni

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I have Socoiology 3 on Wednesday, good luck whatever unit you're doing!

I think everyone's dreading it to be honest - I mean who looks forward to exams, really? I think this last stretch of exams are the last though. They're probably the hardest of our time at sixth form, and there is added pressure due to entry requirements for uni etc, so everyone is really feeling stressed right now!

I'm really struggling with revision and panicking a bit about my grades - I also need AAB! Try not to panic, stay calm and focus yourself on revision
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Physics unit 4 :afraid::argh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)

I think everyone's dreading it to be honest - I mean who looks forward to exams, really? I think this last stretch of exams are the last though. They're probably the hardest of our time at sixth form, and there is added pressure due to entry requirements for uni etc, so everyone is really feeling stressed right now!

I'm really struggling with revision and panicking a bit about my grades - I also need AAB! Try not to panic, stay calm and focus yourself on revision
    I'm doing that exam too.
    That, and Psychology on Monday.

Well, best get the noose ready now. Good luck!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 exams next week, 3 exams the following week, and 1 exam the week after that. I've already had 1 exam last week.
    And I did 3 modules early in January.
    We're talking ALL A2 modules, which adds up to 11.
    KILL. ME. NOW. :coma:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)

Yesss, Sociology 3. Dreading Sociology 4 the most because there is simply too much to cover!
    What university are you going/course are you doing?
    Thank you, good luck also!

• 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetascandy)
    3 exams next week, 3 exams the following week, and 1 exam the week after that. I've already had 1 exam last week.
    And I did 3 modules early in January.
    We're talking ALL A2 modules, which adds up to 11.
    KILL. ME. NOW. :coma:
    11 :O! What subjects do you take?!

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    4 exams next week, 3 all in one day.

I do all essay subjects: Philosophy, RS/Theology & Politics.

FML.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    5 exams in 4 days, then 2 exams the following week - I'm definitely dreading it!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh good old A2
    Just don't panic, don't overexert yourself by trying to revise too much now (says the guy cramming for EU law the day before his exam :rolleyes:) and make sure you're getting plently of sleep etc.

(Original post by laurennmc)
    I have 3 of my exams next week.
    Monday - English language
    Wednesday - Sociology
    Thursday - Health and social care

Then Sociology again the following Tuesday.

Starting to worry now, don't feel like I know enough to get AAB for uni
    OP don't worry I felt the same as you did before I took my A2s.

Nothing will be on the exam that you haven't been taught at some point. Your brain is a wonderous tool. I have a terrible memory (possibly the worst know to living man) and I'm still able to dredge up facts/points (even if some of them are totally irrelevant I may add) so you should do/be fine
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :woo: dread does not even begin to describe.
    For some reason i think it's going to take a bit longer than the weekend to revise history for tuesday
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Ahh good old A2
    Just don't panic, don't overexert yourself by trying to revise too much now (says the guy cramming for EU law the day before his exam :rolleyes:) and make sure you're getting plently of sleep etc.

OP don't worry I felt the same as you did before I took my A2s.

Nothing will be on the exam that you haven't been taught at some point. Your brain is a wonderous tool. I have a terrible memory (possibly the worst know to living man) and I'm still able to dredge up facts/points (even if some of them are totally irrelevant I may add) so you should do/be fine
    I've actually been told by some university goers/grads that A2 is on some aspects harder than first year uni due to the pressure? Ah I don't know
    But thank you! I sure hope so. Resat a couple of my AS' modules to scrape AAA in the subjects I have carried on, been told I need at least Bs to pull it to an overall A for A2 though, urgh A levels.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 exams next week, 4 the weeks after then 1 the week after that.
    Also got two exams in the same sitting.... TWICE!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by postman pat)
    3 exams next week, 4 the weeks after then 1 the week after that.
    Also got two exams in the same sitting.... TWICE!
    How do you have so many :O! I only have 4 in total, although 4 of my A2 modules were coursework based.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lucky me, I only have Spanish next week, and French the week after.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurennmc)
    I've actually been told by some university goers/grads that A2 is on some aspects harder than first year uni due to the pressure? Ah I don't know
    But thank you! I sure hope so. Resat a couple of my AS' modules to scrape AAA in the subjects I have carried on, been told I need at least Bs to pull it to an overall A for A2 though, urgh A levels.
    I think that depends on what subject you do/what university you go to.

1st year law at Lancaster is a total bitch because they chuck you in at the deep end. Had 3 exams in 3 days last week (**** yeah :sexface:) and it only gets worse according to 2nd years.

Getting Bs (and even As to a certain extent) isn't as difficult as teachers will make it out to be. You'll be fine!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    I think that depends on what subject you do/what university you go to.

1st year law at Lancaster is a total bitch because they chuck you in at the deep end. Had 3 exams in 3 days last week (**** yeah :sexface:) and it only gets worse according to 2nd years.

Getting Bs (and even As to a certain extent) isn't as difficult as teachers will make it out to be. You'll be fine!
    Ah yeah fair enough!
    Hope you did well on your exams

And oh really? Hope so! Thank you

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got my bio4 resit, It seems biology all I can do is hope I need nearly and an A* in both my bio papers to get the A I need its possible but hard.

Maths need like a high C in C4 to get my B still need to put in some effort havent even done one Past paper and got 2 or 3 excersizes left to finish book .

Chem I could get my A from here I would need to destroy unit 5 so utterly nicely seems unlikely 110/120 isn't an easy feat but that doesn't mean I cant try.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yess I need AAB too, I'm not too worried about German or Sociology but I'm freaking out about Psychology! I was 2 marks under an A at AS and I need an A overall
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just dreading Thursday morning to be honest. I have Politics and C4 one after the other. I'm gonna be stuck in one room for about four and a half hours haha.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.