The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well you cant really blame the bus driver as if he did let her on and people found out then he'd probably get sacked and be on the news, its not his fault he was doing his job... sure he could have lent her 20p of his own money to make the fare or the countless passengers could have lent the girl money, i mean you can find more than 20p just walking along the streets... jeez. That guy obviously has some sort of genetic defect, he seems dim and there seems to be nothing better for him to do than being a criminal.....
Reply 61
Original post by green.tea
He should have let her on regardless. It mustve been obvious she wasnt trying it on. If he'd asked her to pay at the bus station the next day he'd probably have got his all important fiver. Jobsworth.

Would you have said the same if she was ยฃ4.99 short?
Original post by . .
Would you have said the same if she was ยฃ4.99 short?

I just said he should have let her on regardless. An extra person on the bus wouldnt actually cost anyone anything.
Reply 63
I just said he should have let her on regardless. An extra person on the bus wouldnt actually cost anyone anything.

What makes her special enough to get a discount or a free bus ride?
Original post by . .
What makes her special enough to get a discount or a free bus ride?

oh go away :rolleyes:
Reply 65
oh go away :rolleyes:

So why should she get a free/discounted bus ride whilst everybody else pays?
Reply 66
Did Harry Potter get a free ticket on that wizard night bus or did he have to pay?
Original post by Topcat19
Did Harry Potter get a free ticket on that wizard night bus or did he have to pay?

i think he went for free... lol.

why dont we just make public transport free for everyone? heck we pay our taxes dont we, we should go for free!
Reply 69
Original post by Indian_Prince
why dont we just make public transport free for everyone? heck we pay our taxes dont we, we should go for free!

There is already have a massive budget deficit. Want to increase it?

"Jobsworth" is a British colloquial[1][2] word deriving from the phrase "I can't do that, it's more than my job's worth", meaning it might lose the person their job: taking the initiative and performing an action, and perhaps in the process breaking a rule, is beyond what the person feels their job description allows. The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "A person in authority (esp. a minor official) who insists on adhering to rules and regulations or bureaucratic procedures even at the expense of common sense."[1] Jonathon Green similarly defines "jobsworth" as "a minor factotum whose only status comes from enforcing otherwise petty regulations".[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobsworth
Original post by . .
There is already have a massive budget deficit. Want to increase it?

yes why not, we're all screwed anyways.
"Jobsworth" is a British colloquial[1][2] word deriving from the phrase "I can't do that, it's more than my job's worth", meaning it might lose the person their job: taking the initiative and performing an action, and perhaps in the process breaking a rule, is beyond what the person feels their job description allows. The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "A person in authority (esp. a minor official) who insists on adhering to rules and regulations or bureaucratic procedures even at the expense of common sense."[1] Jonathon Green similarly defines "jobsworth" as "a minor factotum whose only status comes from enforcing otherwise petty regulations".[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobsworth

i already said that in my previous previous post... thanks for backing up what i said l0l.
Reply 73
yes why not, we're all screwed anyways.

Well of course we are with that sort of thinking.
Original post by . .
Well of course we are with that sort of thinking.

Pshh only going by the logic of those that have screwed us, you should have realised I was being sarcastic a long time ago my friend.
i already said that in my previous previous post... thanks for backing up what i said l0l.

I was implying that we dont need to change the rules as you suggested so much as not have mindless robotic compliance with them.
I was implying that we dont need to change the rules as you suggested so much as not have mindless robotic compliance with them.

My rule change was a sarcastic statement.... why dont people get sarcasm these days :/
Reply 77
Pshh only going by the logic of those that have screwed us, you should have realised I was being sarcastic a long time ago my friend.

Then again increasing the budget deficit is what reduced the severity of the last recession.
Original post by . .
Then again increasing the budget deficit is what reduced the severity of the last recession.

oh god, do we have to hijack this thread to debate about this.... lol :tongue:
My rule change was a sarcastic statement.... why dont people get sarcasm these days :/

Sarcasm or not my answer was appropriate.

Latest