The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE edexcel Monday 18th June exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
In my school, I have a Geography exam in the morning that has been moved to 8:30am, I then have the two WJEC German exams that have been moved from 13:15pm to 10:45am and then I am in isolation until 13:15pm when the Statistics exam (2 hours long) is scheduled around the country?:smile:
Reply 21
Hope the exam isnt hard :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by mia_hilton
Am I the only one who hasn't started Statistics revision? :redface:, i don't know where to start :s-smilie:

I haven't.. I see statistics as an extra thing so I'll just be cramming for it on Sunday.. I care more about Geography in the morning :smile:
Reply 23
Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
What do I need to get an A* overall like %, I got a high B in the coursework. So I'm aiming for 90%+ in the exam??
Reply 25
Am I the only one who hasn't started Statistics revision? :redface:, i don't know where to start :s-smilie:

sameeeeee!!!:confused:
Reply 26
I dont what i should give priority i have stats on monday.... and then bio on wed but i need to revise loadsss for bio.... helpppp
Reply 27
Original post by acer0951
I dont what i should give priority i have stats on monday.... and then bio on wed but i need to revise loadsss for bio.... helpppp

Bio i think is more important, grade boundaries for statistics are incredibly low - 74% for an A*, and 58% for an A so i wouldn't worry about it , all you need to do is revise the night before hand some of the formulas :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by charfitz
In my school, I have a Geography exam in the morning that has been moved to 8:30am, I then have the two WJEC German exams that have been moved from 13:15pm to 10:45am and then I am in isolation until 13:15pm when the Statistics exam (2 hours long) is scheduled around the country?:smile:

Wow you have a busy life :wink: , the exam is scheduled at 1:15 on Monday 18th June
Reply 29
Bio i think is more important, grade boundaries for statistics are incredibly low - 74% for an A*, and 58% for an A so i wouldn't worry about it , all you need to do is revise the night before hand some of the formulas :smile:

YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON... YOU JUST BOUGHT A GLIMMER OF HOPE INTO THE DARKNESS AND DESPAIR IN MY HEART AFTER THINKING THAT I WOULD DO WELL IN ALL OTHER SUBJECTS EXCEPT STATISTICS!!!
:smile::biggrin::cool:
Reply 30
Original post by acer0951
YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON... YOU JUST BOUGHT A GLIMMER OF HOPE INTO THE DARKNESS AND DESPAIR IN MY HEART AFTER THINKING THAT I WOULD DO WELL IN ALL OTHER SUBJECTS EXCEPT STATISTICS!!!
:smile::biggrin::cool:

Oh thanks you've made me :colondollar: now, anytime :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by SarahLeanne
Hiya, so sorry only just replied, I don't come on here often so am useless, only just seen the message. Here is part 1 of the attachments, I have included the 2004 report, grade boundaries are at the bottom. All the other reports with grade boundaries are available on edexcel website here - http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse-leg/maths/1389/Pages/default.aspx#

past paper 2005.pdf
past paper 2004.pdf
mark scheme 2006.pdf
past paper 2007.pdf
past paper 2008.pdf
past paper 2006.pdf
mark scheme 2005.pdf
mark scheme 2004.pdf
mark scheme 2007.pdf
2004 Report.doc

attachments continued...:smile:

thanks for this, it has been a great help
Reply 32
Guys i am really stuck, my teacher hasn't taught us anything and i have nothing to revise from. can some one suggest what to do because all i am doing is Past exam papers. Is that good enough or not. i got an A in my coursework and am hoping for A or B.:smile:
Reply 33
Someone help me out in this question? :/

A company fills tubes with four different coloured sweets.
Each tube is supposed to contain six red, six orange, six brown and six green sweets.
The tubes do not always contain the correct number of each colour of sweets.
It is known that the probability that a tube of these sweets, chosen at random, contains
six green sweets is 0.9
Jacinda buys four tubes of these sweets.
Work out the probability that 3 or more of the tubes contain exactly six green sweets.
(You may use ( p + q)^4 = p ^4 + 4p^3q + 6 p^2q^2 + 4 pq^3 + q ^4 )

It's on the mock paper that my teacher gave me :s-smilie:
Reply 34
google binomial expansion. because thats what it is, i tried to do the question n its hard so jst google it
Original post by e16
Someone help me out in this question? :/

A company fills tubes with four different coloured sweets.
Each tube is supposed to contain six red, six orange, six brown and six green sweets.
The tubes do not always contain the correct number of each colour of sweets.
It is known that the probability that a tube of these sweets, chosen at random, contains
six green sweets is 0.9
Jacinda buys four tubes of these sweets.
Work out the probability that 3 or more of the tubes contain exactly six green sweets.
(You may use ( p + q)^4 = p ^4+ 4p^3q + 6 p^2q^2 + 4 pq^3 + q ^4 )

It's on the mock paper that my teacher gave me :s-smilie:

P is the probability of getting 6 green sweets and q is the probability of not getting 6 green.

You want at least 3 so you use p ^4 and 4p^3q. Just replace the p with 0.9 and the q with 0.1

So 0.9^4+(4*0.9^3*0.1)=0.9477

That's it.
Reply 36
Original post by Dannyboy1236
P is the probability of getting 6 green sweets and q is the probability of not getting 6 green.

You want at least 3 so you use p ^4 and 4p^3q. Just replace the p with 0.9 and the q with 0.1

So 0.9^4+(4*0.9^3*0.1)=0.9477

That's it.

Someone else already messaged me about it but thank you anyway :biggrin:
Reply 37

Gonna do a couple of past papers, I've started 5 mins ago :P I got 29/40 for the coursework I would like an A*, im just gonna aim 75+ marks
Reply 38
Original post by tigerz
Gonna do a couple of past papers, I've started 5 mins ago :P I got 29/40 for the coursework I would like an A*, im just gonna aim 75+ marks

Got the same as you in my coursework! :biggrin: & I've started revising from today too :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by tigerz

I got 28/40, hoping for an A* too :smile: , glad you can get 71/100 to get A* in exam, but i don't know what we need to get to make up for our low A in the Coursework , hope it's not too high :wink:P.S i'm just doing a 2010 exam and it's awful...missed out like 10 questions :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending